Chapter 13

I place Captain on the street floor, Zeke lands to my right and our thrusters turn off. We walk up to my dad who is stood in his Iron Man suit, staring up at the sky.

"Where's Hope?" I ask, turning to Captain. He pulls off his shield and sighs.

"I don't know. Colson said she was here." He explains.

Suddenly, a van swerves down the street. It stops abruptly and Colson steps out, kitted in bullet proof vests and guns.

"Im going to put some ground rules down. You hurt Hope and I'll hurt you." I warn, staring at them through my mask.

"No offence Skye. But if there's no other option, we might have to hurt Hope to save the city." Colson admits. The anger bubbles inside me and i take a step towards him.

"I am telling you now. You hurt Hope, i will hurt you." I threaten again. Zeke places a hand on my shoulder and pulls me back to his side.

"Okay, then. What's our attack plan?" Captain asks.

"We attack." Dad teases.

"This is serious." Zeke points out.

"Nice suit." Dad mutters.

"Stop changing the subject!" I shout.

"Skye, calm down. You had a panic attack half an hour ago, remember?" Zeke reminds me and i sigh, nodding my head in my suit.

"You had a panic attack?" Dad questions.

"You shouldn't be here." Colson warns me.

"I have located Hope." Jarvis announces and a small map appears in front of my right eye.

"None of you know what's best for me." I hiss and shoot into the air.

People scream, sprinting down the destroyed and glass covered streets. The wind whips around me as i land on the gravel, a few metres in front of Hope. She turns to see me, the arc reactor and eye slits shine blood red.

"Mum, help please." I hear her beg, her voice muffled by the mask.

"Im trying, give me a minute." I say as i think of hacking into Hope's suit.

Hope raises her palm, bright blue and full of power. The energy builds up but i try to hack into the suit, sending a virus.

Suddenly, Im pushed out of the way and thrown onto my back. I look up to see my dads suit mask in front of me. He stands up and offers me a hand, i take his metal hand and he pulls me up.

"Thanks." I say, smiling at his video feed in front of me. He nods and smiles back.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yep." I reply, wiping the dust off my suit.

"I am unable to hack into Hope's suit." Jarvis admits.

"Do anything Jarvis." I demand.

I see Hawkeye place a arrow his bow and i jump in front of Hope, raising my palm to Hawkeye.

"Don't, you'll kill Hope." I warn.

"Get out of the way, Skye. Im only going to hit her arc reactor."

"That will kill her." I point out, using my mind to take the arrow out of his bow and place it in his hand. He sighs deeply.

I turn to Hope and look past her mask and into her eyes.

"Hope, the suit needs to be destroyed from the inside." I tell her.

The suit's shoulder pads open and little bullets are released. I lift my arm up to my face and step back as the bullets bounce off the metal and onto the street.

Captain, Zeke and Hulk appear behind me, ready to fight. There isn't going to be any fighting.

"You alright?" Zeke asks.

"Yeah. I need to get to the back of the suit." I inform him.

"Okay."

Zeke flies to the left of me and waves his arms around, shooting the back of the suit lightly. The suit gradually turns around, so the back is facing me.

I jump behind and pull the sheet of metal off the suits back, revealing wires and batteries. I go to destroy the wires but the suit turns around and shoots me. I soar through the air and hit the brick building behind me, the pain erupts inside me. I groan in pain and force myself to stand up.

The suit grabs my shoulders and drags me down an alleyway.

"Where's Hope?"

"Did they disappear?" I hear the Avengers question.

The suit drops me on the concrete floor and i gasp.

"Swap with me. The suit wants more power, Im more powerful than Hope." I offer.

"Mum, don't." Hope begs and the mask lifts.

Hope's eyes beg me to not but i step out of my suit. Hope's suit drops her and she falls onto the floor. It instantly moulds to me and i try to fight it off.

"Mum? What do i do?" Hope asks.

"Get to safety." I order and she sprints out.

"Hope's out!" I hear Captain shout.