Chapter 14

The red suit clings to me and targets the Avengers in front of me. I use my mind to try and hack the database from the inside but Im rejected.

"The suit is empty, we can destroy it now!" Hawkeye points out.

"No, guys Im in the suit." I try to explain but the suit turns my voice into a whisper.

Im forced to pull my hand up, palm forward and shoot them. The energy travels through and hits their feet, causing them to jump back.

"We've got to stop this." Zeke demands.

"No, Im in here. Give me time." I beg but my voice bounces off the metal suit walls and back to me.

Captain throws his shield at my feet, it glides through the air and the suit jumps over it. I hear the shield crash onto the ground behind me.

I use my mind to attempt to pull out wires and change the database, but nothing changes.

"Damn it." I curse under my breath.

"The only way to cut it off is to aim for the arc reactor." Dad explains from inside his suit.

"No, Im in here. The suit isn't empty." I shout but my voice becomes a whisper.

I watch, unable to do anything to prevent the Avengers from shooting me, as Hawkeye places a arrow in his bow.

The world seems to go in slow motion, the arrow soars through the air and hits the arc reactor as i turn to face them.

The arrow gracefully smashes through the arc reactor glass, but the momentum continues and pierces through my skin and into my body. I gasp in pain as blood erupts out of my chest.

The Avengers stand around and cheer, throwing punches into the air as the red arc reactor lights die out. Im paralysed to the spot, the pain controlling my weak body.

"We did it!" Zeke shouts.

I pull off the mask and clutch my chest.

"Guys, Im in the suit." I whisper, just loud enough over the wind.

They stop cheering, their mouths open in shock, their pupils dilating and their bodies shaking.

I breath deeply, attempting to ignore the sharp pain that travels through every veins and cell in my body.