Chapter Eleven

The week passed in a montage, sort of way. Drama lessons in which Craig and I goofed off in, driving to and from school, and of course an awesome soundtrack. However, all my thoughts were on Saturday. The day that Craig and I would be going on a first (sort-of) date! Each day, we had discovered something else that we had in common, and each day I liked him a little bit more. This, however, does nothing but increase my nerves. Leaving me standing here gazing desperately into my wardrobe.

Craig has decided to not tell me where we are going, but instead keep it a secret. The only clue he gave me was to 'dress casual'. Dress Casual!! That could mean anything. Taking a few deep breaths I decided on a pair of ripped denim knee length shorts and a black graphic shirt. Getting changed I try to control my nerves. However as I grab my phone and head downstairs my stomach feels as if it is full of worms. Hearing a knock on the door I try another deep breath, and then 'calmly' walk to the door and open it. There stands Craig looking ridiculously handsome. He is wearing black denim shorts, a white t-shirt decorated with a blue flannel over the top. Blushing I close the door behind me and we make our way to the car.

Climbing in I once again ask, "Are you going to tell me where we are going?"

Chuckling, he replies, "You don't like surprises do you?"

Grouchily I answer, "I don't mind surprises, I just don't like being in a car with a slightly attractive man, and not knowing my destination."

"You think I am attractive," he chuckles, "don't worry I am not going to kidnap you," he smiles as he pats my thigh and starts the car.

***

Fifteen minutes later we pull up at the bowling alley. Grinning with happiness I jump out of the car. How did he know that this was one of my favorite places to hang out? Running over to him I give him a big hug, then blush as I climb off him. Making our way inside his hand finds mine, and I sigh at how perfect it feels. When the cool air conditioning hits us, I hear the familiar sounds of the arcade and pull Craig that way. After we buy tokens I pull over to the Daytona machines and put the tokens in.

Chuckling I slide into the seat and crack my knuckles, "prepare to get your ass handed to you. For it is a little unknown fact that I am king of this game."

Laughing he slides into the one next to me and starts his up, "Oh really? We shall see about that."

As the game starts I press the accelerator as hard as I can and my car goes zooming off.

The following minutes are filled with me and Craig smack talking each other as we try to finish first. As my car flies over the finish line, I screech in victory, "HA! Take that! I told you I am king of this game! Bow down before me peasant!"

Laughing he climbs out of his car and complies worshiping me on the floor. After a few moments I pull him up and drag him to the next game.

The next few hours involve Craig beating me at air hokey, me beating Craig at DDR, and us successfully beating the record on the shoot to win basketball game. Though I admit that last one was Craig more than me. Once we have successfully played every game, we trade in our tickets; buying 2 of each lolly and stuffing our faces.

Leaving the center we climb into the car and put on our seat-belts, safety first right? As we pull out of the parking space, I look at the clock. It is 5 o'clock, Craig said that I would be home be 10 so what are we going to do for five hours? Instantly looking at his crotch, I quickly look away and blush. Come-on Kyle, this is your first date! It is wayyyy to soon to be even thinking about that. But what if Craig is thinking about it? Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I once again ask Craig where we going.