Book 2⌇2. Let's Play

Chapter 2 ∣  Let's Play

-Evicka 

Just like that, not another word was spoken, I leave Zak with the other two hunters, Rainier and Janie. I walk past them all, Killian narrowing his eyes on Zak before following me into the dining room.

"Must you do that?" Killian places both his hands on a chair, gripping it tightly.

"Must I do what?" I shot back at him, my eyes searching his face as I stop moving, standing on the other side of the table.

Killian growls at me, "You know what I am talking about..."

"Oh, that's right," I toss back casually, "you don't like that hunters outnumber you here, and every time I bring a new one home, you get all anxiety driven."

"I promised your mother I would protect you...you know how I feel about hunters," Killian's grasp on the chair tightens with each word he emphasizes. He then abruptly releases it, walking around the table to stand in front of me.

"Then leave..." I hiss at him, looking up into his emerald eyes. "you know they would never hurt you without incurring my wrath upon them. If you have any problems, then go!"

"You know I damn well can't do that," Killian alters his stance while sighing, "you're too important."

"You keep telling me all these things like I'm important, or I'm special," I shrug my shoulders and push past him, "or that I'm just like my father, or I have my mother's heart...I'm wearing thin of your riddles."

Killian catches my upper arm as I pass by him, causing me to look back, "Believe me...I would tell you, but I can't. Period. End of discussion."

My fangs elongate, hissing once more at him before pulling my arm out of his grasp.

"Evie, come back here!" Killian storms after me as I run into my hunters outside of the door.

Zak is still slightly shaken as Rainier and Janie walk with him on either side. I growl and turn the corner, making my way to the training room.

Everything becomes distance noise while I allow myself to block it all out.

The room has padded walls and a bamboo floor.

Peace and quiet at last.

I breathe in deeply, walking towards one of our cabinets, grabbing myself new clothes. All this stress is starting to take its toll. I put on my dark leather pants, high heel obsidian boots, a scarlet shirt, and a black vest over the top. I place my old clothes in the cabinet, turning around to stand in the center of the room.

I will kill every one of you...

My thoughts traveled to the coven leaders. The only two I really know of, are Blaise and King Locaine.

Blaise has an iron thumb, locking down Australia and securing the borders. If I'm going to have any hope of even tracking down the other leaders, I would have to get the hunters and myself off this island.

I exhale, running my thumb against my fang and drawing blood. Not a single drop ever hits the ground.

When I train, my goal is always the same...see how far I can spread my concentration. I'm aware that if I lose focus, the connection will be lost.

My mother taught me this...

I have many things to distract me, and I'm becoming very good at keeping a live connection and multitasking.

"What are you doing here Zak?" The question leaves my lips right before Zak enters the room, "Didn't the other two show you where your room is? I thought it best, you rest."