Book 2⌇19. Targets Acquired: Lord Julien and Lord Remy

Chapter 19 ∣  Targets Acquired: Lord Julien and Lord Remy

-Evicka

The massive Fort Jefferson off the coast of Florida is slowly coming into view. It's quite the masterpiece as it's the largest masonry structure in the Americas...I'd read about how it's been left unfinished. However, it looks like Ronan had built his mansion right in the very heart of the fort.

Crystal clear water passes beneath me as I sail close to the fort. There're hardly any lights at the outer walls of the six-sided structure, but, lights are coming from the bay windows of his home.

That's cute...they're still alive.

I roll my eyes, Julien and Remy can be seen clearly through the window, the curtains are tied back.

Before I'm even close to touching down on the grass, the two recognized coven leaders bolt out the front door, eyeing me dubiously.

If you two are alive, I can only assume Ronan is also. Again, this frustrates me that my father would not confirm their deaths.

"I see Locaine didn't have you tortured," Remy narrows his eyes at me.

Julien replies to Remy sarcastically, "Don't you know? She's his daughter...you know, the one he sent away."

"That's right! Some father he turned out to be...sending away his only child," Remy's now playing along with Julien.

Yup, keep pissing me off and adding fuel to my fire.

Julien startles me, directing his next question my way, "You hate him, don't you?"

"What I feel toward my father," I growl, snapping my fingers as the blood disk hovers just above the grass, "is not your concern." I pause a moment while eyeing them, "But," I jump from the platform and land gracefully on the ground, "I can assure you, my feelings toward the two of you, who helped play a part in my mother's captivity...are quite hateful indeed."

Remy chuckles, "What makes you think you can kill the two of us? We have both been around a lot longer than you have, bitch."

"Oh, name calling, are we?" I roll my eyes and reply, "Why don't you ask your dead friends. They too had also been around a lot longer than I."

"Just because you are Locaine's daughter, does not make you special!" Julien's fangs elongate, his eyes shifting to the familiar black rose.

I flip my hair behind my shoulder, watching him carefully as I laugh, "Of course it doesn't."

Remy and Julien look utterly confused, thinking I will stick up for him.

"However, being Annika's daughter does," I smirk as the words leave my lips, the blood disk starting to morph into two separate pools, phase transitioning from a solid to a liquid. The two pools slither in between the blades of grass, pulsating as they come alive nearing Remy and Julien's feet.

What I find odd, there are no coven members around...no one standing behind the two recognized coven leaders before me.

Had they turned on them once their masters' plans were revealed in Moscow? The vampires that once followed these recognized coven leaders had more than likely sought out a new coven, one without betrayal and deceit.

Here we go.

Julien's feet lift away from the soft grass, avoiding the attack I'd sent out moments earlier. Unfortunately for him, he lands right in my trap.

He lands behind me, wrapping one of his hands around the front of my throat and squeezing hard. I close my eyes, feeling my connection and blocking out the pain from his grip.