Book 2⌇12. Dominance

Chapter 12 ∣  Dominance

-Lucca

Elani is mad as hell.

I hadn't expected seducing her would have been that easy. Then again, she really isn't at her best. Still, it's amusing to know that I have that effect on her.

She lies sound asleep, curled up in a ball on the cot at the foot of my bed, the scarlet sheet clinging to her body. I'd re-chained her ankle and removed her belt from the room, not wanting to tempt her again.

Something just doesn't sit right with me...

I don't want to leave her in the dungeon. Yes, she has something to do with all these events, but she's still a pureblood, and I don't want to degrade her any more than I already have.

My anger gets the best of me. It doesn't help she has the exact same temperament as I do.

She killed Blaise and Enzo...marking her as a traitor.

But why?

That's what I'm most curious about. She seems like a friendly enough vampire when you're not pissing her off. Someone took her away from Elani; who is her?

"I will find you..." Elani murmurs out softly, as though calling to someone in her sleep.

It can't be...

My thoughts drift off. I roll back the covers and sheets, shifting to the end of the bed. I gaze down at the beautiful creature that has enchanted me.

Elani's brows are furrowed, her dreams transforming into nightmares very quickly.

"Why don't you help her...?" Her heartbeat accelerates at my words, encouraging her sleeping conscious, struggling with the demons from her past.

She runs with hunters and doesn't belong to a coven...what am I supposed to think or believe?

Shit...

Elani's eyes immediately flutter open, a confused expression spreading across her face rather quickly. If she'd been mad before, well...

...this is a whole new level of hate.

**

-Evicka

"What the fuck type of creepy shit are you trying to pull staring at me while I'm asleep?!" I lash out as Lucca's face comes into my field of vision. I snark back quick, "The dungeon sounds more tempting now if it'll keep your prying eyes off me..."

Lucca's brows narrow at me while stating, "If you really feel that way, I can have Kato escort you down there right now."

I just grumble in irritation. The anxiety and stress are beginning to wear me down. I have no idea how long I've been here for, and it feels like I'm never going to be able to escape...

...unless it's Lucca marching me straight to Locaine to have me executed.

My evading can only last so long. My emotions are running wild, and what bothers me the most, is the connection to my blood magic still feels like it's a million miles away. I haven't felt the warm pull since my near-death experience with Enock. From what he told me, it will inhibit it...I'm not sure how long that lasts though.

Something's wrong...

He's still staring at me...

"What?" I huff out, crossing my arms in front of my long-sleeved black shirt I'd been allowed to change into for sleeping. My white hair makes a startling contrast against the clothing.