Book 2⌇15. Target Acquired: Lord Micah

Chapter 15 ∣  Target Acquired: Lord Micah

-Ronan

"If you don't stay quiet...I swear, I'll rip every bone out of your body before I kill you," my lips are near Annika's ear, her chest heaving up and down as I'd placed a gag in her mouth before we left. I station her in one of the alcoves of the dome-shaped roof overlooking the ballroom floor.

It's Remy's idea to have her stowed away from above. No one will be able to spot her at first glance, and if the hunters do show up, drawn out by this event, she will be out of harm's way. If Evicka is dead, Annika is far more valuable to me alive than dead.

Annika's dressed in a simple black dress that comes down to her ankles, her bare feet touching the marble floor. In anticipation of tonight's event, all of us leaders are dressed half ready to fight, and half dressed up for the 'occasion.'

She pulls at the chains on the ebony pillar beside her. I didn't bother to chain her ankles as it'll just be one more hindrance when I need to unleash her power.

Annika's eyes pool with hate, her brows narrowing at me in a death glare. She stops moving and turns her face away from me.

"You should be proud of yourself," I muse, "you're one of the most powerful beings alive...and you shall help me take the throne."

Her nostrils flare as she attempts to lunge at me. I catch her wrists in one hand and pull her to my chest. Annika wriggles in my grasp, her fight never leaving her. I run my free hand up her arm and to the side of her face, resting the palm on her cheek.

"Who knows...maybe I shall make you my queen," I chuckle as she screams, the gag stifling obscenities at me, "at least I know how to control you."

I didn't inject her with the undiluted silver, as I will need her full strength to kill Locaine. All that is running through her system is the Clexane. The silver chains are enough to keep her trapped for the moment.

"I've always wanted to taste that arousing blood of yours that Locaine became infatuated with," I twist a strand of her dark brown hair that falls in front of her face during her outburst. Her eyes slowly grow wide.

During the time I'd enslaved her, I'd never once drunk from Annika. Sure, I'd forced her into having sex with me and other sexual activities for my own pleasure, but it never struck me to taste her blood. It felt like a taboo, to drink from another vampire's beloved.

I believe this will be a special occasion and without that silver sticking around in her veins...it'll be perfect.

I spin her around, bring her against my chest as I hold her wrists firm between her breasts. Annika tries as hard as she can to escape from me, but after all this time, she isn't about to do it now. I pull her hair away from her neck, exposing her delicate white skin to me. Her smell is intoxicating, her veins pulsating beneath the thin layer of flesh.

The tips of my fangs trail along the length of her neck, her fear rising within.

Damn it...

I release my grip on Annika, letting her stagger away from me. When her eyes meet with mine, she appears confused...

...I don't want to take the risk of Locaine smelling her blood.

**

-Evicka

The snow drifts from the ominous charcoal cloudy sky, landing silently on my long black leather coat that is belted at my waist. I'd found some clothing the fit me relatively well at Theo's home. Under the long jacket, I wear a white long sleeve shirt and black skin-tight jeans with high heel shin-high boots.