Book 2⌇13. Do NOT Seduce Me

Chapter 13 ∣  Do NOT Seduce Me

-Evicka

I'm coming to a breaking point, thoroughly fed up with Lucca injecting me with undiluted silver right before I drift off to sleep. It's such a lovely thing to look forward to...

The night passes me by, daybreak creeping onto the horizon. It'll be time for my injection soon...

I'm allowed off my chain to take a shower and get dressed. Lucca leaves the room, letting the door remain unlocked. Yes, he's taken my belt away, and I'm not even sure where my original clothes are, to be honest.

He probably has them hidden away somewhere.

After stepping out of the shower, I blow dry my long white hair, deciding to braid it over my shoulder and down my chest to keep it reigned in. My outfit of choice for today's night in captivity is a pair of black yoga pants and a light blue tank top.

What's my plan?

How am I going to get out of here and to Russia?

My thoughts are drawn to Lucca...he'll never let me out of his home...unless it's for me to be brought before King Locaine. I'll have to escape and to do that, I'll need my full strength back.

My mother told me all about how her and my father met...she was once a vampire's slave. She never went into much detail, except that my father turned her when she was at death's doorstep.

She managed to escape from him...once...

...so, I don't see why I can't do the same with Lucca. He can't be that powerful.

Maybe I can seduce him?

If I attempt that, I know he'll just take over me again and this time...he won't stop.

Love, lust, infatuation?

Eh...at this point I can't figure out what I feel. After all...all he's showing me is that he wants to get in my pants...badly. I'd be lying to myself if I said I don't want him too.

As I come out of the bathroom, Lucca is leaning up against the door to the hallway, observing me. He's wearing his faded jeans and a plain black shirt with black shoes. His hair still appears slightly damp...had he showered somewhere else?

"Why must you continue to stare at me like I'm your prey?" I roll my eyes as I close the bathroom door behind me. I see a smile creep onto his face before it turns right into a smirk.

Now what?

"Are you ready to tell me the truth?" Lucca asks while arching a brow, hoping that everything he's doing is wearing me down.

"Nope," I shrug my shoulders casually, crossing my arms just beneath my breasts.

"If you don't tell me, I'll bring you with me to Russia in a few days so Locaine can execute you," Lucca's eyes watch for my reaction.

Bringing me to Russia in chains?

That's not going to happen.

I give him no reaction. I'm done showing him my weaknesses. All going well, I will be the one going to Russia of my own free will to kill the rest of the recognized coven leaders. I will not let him bring me to Locaine as a prisoner guilty of treason and awaiting execution.

"Why?" I narrow my eyes on him, my arms tensing.

"The penalty for treason...is death. I will hand you over to him. You heard me at the masquerade ball, and I plan on keeping my promises. What is my word worth otherwise?" Lucca's mind seems to be wandering.