Chapter 4

Now knowing that Michael wants me, the girls are letting me go improv tonight without freaking out. I look at the clothing racks for something more 'accessible' like Michael said. Jewel looks at the television in the store and folds her arms.

"Michael's girlfriend is arriving in a couple of hours." She says nonchalant.

I gasp. "What?"

We all turn our attention to the television.

Newsanchor: Yes, Michael Jackson's girlfriend Monica Williams will be landing in Australia in a few hours to join him on his tour. Sources day Monica is in a sour mood and has come to address that steamy kiss he shared with a lucky female fan at last night's show. Safe to say their relationship isn't as strong as it should be. Not with this hot little lady seducing him.

I roll my eyes at the t.v. "Thanks." I say, going back to my shopping.

"Am I the only one not too crazy about the situation we are in now?!" Jewel says, throwing her hands up.

"We're professionals Jewel. We won't get ourselves caught in this situation." I explain, picking up a skirt and holding it up to my body. Too short.

She shakes her head in disapproval. "Monica won't let him out of her sight. I know the type."

"What Michael wants, Michael gets. We'll see each other." I say, knowing I'm not gonna have a problem out of her.

We get downtown to get the tickets to the show and I see Monica across the street yelling at the bodyguards. This is the same shit I dealt with when I was with Slash.

"I'm not goin." I say, folding my arms.

April sighs. "Why? Michael is soo close to cracking. You have to go!" She says, folding her arms.

"He won't crack with her around." I say, shaking my head.

"But..." She tries to argue.

"I'm not about to fight her ass over him. I will find something else to do." I say, leaning on the ticket booth.

They buy their tickets and head back to the hotel. Even though I know there is no way Michael will be away from his girlfriend, I decide to wear my 'easily accessible' outfit anyways. Well, it's only partly accessible. It's not gonna be that easy to get in these leather pants. I add the big, beautiful belt that Prince bought me last week and wear my form-fitting red shirt, since one of his favorite colors is red. I brush my hair back into a ponytail and put on light makeup. I watch them leave for the concert and I head down into the lobby to watch some t.v. It's a little empty, but that's okay. I watch some cartoon when I see Monica out the corner of my eye. I repress a smirk as she comes into the room, sitting on the couch next to mine.

"Hey." I say, not looking at her.

"Hi." He says, clearly pissed off.

I giggle under my breath.

"Did you see what happened last night? He kissed that woman on live television! On the mouth! And I think he was smiling after. I do trust Michael, but there is too much temptation out there for me to keep leaving him by himself." She says, crossing her legs.

Live t.v.? They showed one clip that was very short. Good thing you can't really see my face. Thank God for camera angles. And what the hell does she mean she can't leave him by himself? She aint Katherine Jackson, let him do what he wants.

"I agree, there is a lot of temptation, but that's what makes Michael who he is. He resists that temptation and keeps going. My philosophy is: why cheat when you could just be single?" I say, bullshitting my way through this unwanted conversation.