𝐱𝐱. WOMB RAIDER

˖*°࿐chapter twenty

˖chapter twenty.
xx. WOMB RAIDER

———

janelle

So the plan to leave Mystic Falls has been temporarily canceled. I'm not that far out of town, so I am still kind of close.

Apparently, the people who attacked my coven were witches and werewolves. Which is odd because those two sets don't normally mix.

But as far as we know, they came from New Orleans and there is no doubt that they're here to kill me. At least I don't think there is. Cassandra doesn't want to keep hiding me, so I'm staying in the last place they'd think to look for me.

The Gilbert Lake House.

After that little incident, we had the other day, Elena's somehow not mad at me about it. She's the one who actually offered for me to stay there.

But that doesn't mean things between us aren't still tense.

╔═

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

═╝

𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐆𝐎

"Here it is. I mean, you've already seen the place before, but it has been a while," Elena smiled.

"It's perfect. Thank you, Elena."

"It's no problem. Might as well put it to some use."

Damon strutted into the house, hauling in Janelle's last bag. "This better be it, cause I'm not carrying anymore," he said throwing the bag down onto the floor.

"Hey, be careful with that. I have perfume bottles in there." Janelle picked up the bag, glaring at her brother.

It didn't take long for Janelle to make herself comfortable. As Elena said, she'd been here before, so she knew her way around.

Janelle took a seat on the bed in the master bedroom and was stuck in her thoughts. All she could do was wonder what she did to end up in the situation she's in now. She obviously knew the answer, but she wasn't going to have any regrets for getting pregnant.

There was a knock on the door and Elena came in. "Hey. Damon and I are gonna go stock up on some food for the house. I was just checking if you wanted anything."

Janelle laughed, "Damon's going grocery shopping?"

"I'm forcing him to come, so he won't be all up in your business. I know he can get a bit —"