Chim- Change your life

Fanfic originally from GAM. Will contain scenes of homosexuality. If your likely to be offended, don't read. Otherwise hope you enjoy it!

Teaser:

I jolt awake, the thunder crashing through my flat. It’s almost as if the flat is in fear too, shaking from the loud noises erupting outside, the howling of the wind can be heard sending chills down my spine. The lighting jolts through the window, blinding me for a mere second and then it leaves. The soft, grey, satin sheets and duvet that were once at my feet are now wrapped around my neck, trying to find just a little safety under them, trying to comfort myself in any way possible. The hairs on my neck and arms are prickling upward in fear.

 I feel around the double sized bed, looking for something, anything to comfort me. I feel like a small insect all alone in the vast unknown laying all alone in this bed. Sinking into the endless sheets, I find it, his shirt. I grab hold of it and clench it to me, as if it will protect me from any danger. I bring it to my nostrils and inhale the musky smell. It smells of cheap cologne and stale cigarettes, it smells of him. I curl up into the smallest form I can make, my dark chocolate curls spilling over the pillow.

Its nights like these where I wish he was still here, where I wish anyone was here, to hold me, to protect me. Someone just to sit here with me and ensure that it will all be ok, that it’s just a little storm, and in time it will pass. Someone who won’t care about my messy bed hair, or my morning breathe, that one person that would be there for me no matter what. Another crash of thunder shudders through my flat walls, as I near jump out of my own skin in pure fear. I pull the soft sheets above my head, hoping that if I do this the whole outer world will be blocked out. Flickers of light beam through the window, and through the sheets that I am clutching onto for dear life, screwing my eyes shut trying to calm myself.

I lay there, as I slowly reach my hand out for my cellular, which is positioned on the edge of the dresser next to me. The cold wood hits my hand, as I gracefully glide it gently to the place where my phone rests. I picked it up and swoop it into my hands, grabbing it so fast that if I don’t my hand will be chopped from my wrist. I pull it under the sheets with me, and press the home key, the bright light burning into my eyes. I look away quickly, my eyes burning from the sudden brightness. As my eyes adjust, I look at the small rectangle screen again. The time reads, 3:24. I then notice I have 5 missed calls, 2 new voice mails, and several texts, and they’re all from him. I quickly delete them all, not caring about his new excuse, not wanting to hear him beg and plead, and not wanting to hear his slurred and insincere apologies. 

As soon as I delete the messages, I place the phone back on to the cold surface of the dresser. I peak my head out slowly from the duvet, like the ground hog from the safety of its hole. I peer around the dark and lifeless room, noticing that the storm has subsided and all that’s left are soft howls from the wind and a few raindrops here and there.

 After finally calming down, I sit up, and look at what I had chosen for comfort, getting angry at myself for thinking his shirt could save me. I quickly get up, dragging the shirt with me and dispose of it in the silver trashcan that rests in my bathroom. I moved here for a

new start, a fresh new begging, and he isn’t going to hold me back. I left Newcastle for a reason, and that reason being to start a

new, and happy life without him. I retreat back to my bed and crawl under the duvet once again, finally letting the sleep wash over me.