Chapter 13

(Kimberley's POV)

I felt light headed; surges of electricity were now coursing throughout my body, I was in pure bliss. Its gentle, but captivating, a mixture of the remaining alcohol and residue of lip balm she once wore now invaded my mouth. I didn't just want her lips against mine anymore, I needed them.

We part for a mere second, but only to catch our breaths as I reached for her wanting her as close to me as possible. I took my hand and brought it up brushing the few strands of hair off her cheek as it slides ever so lightly past her ear and tucking them firmly behind it. Our eyes are connected; I’m lost in her dark eyes which are now clouded with lust. My thumb is tracing her earlobe softly, as I then begin to caress her cheek with my thumbs while my fingers are supporting the back of her head. I lean in once more and firmly yet passionately place our lips together once more. My fingers tangling in her dark chocolate curls, gripping onto as if I let go I’d wake up from the best dream I've ever had. I can feel her quickly inhale, pulling the air from my own lungs. I pull her body closer and embrace her, holding her tightly against me feeling the race of our hearts as one. She wraps her hands around my waist keeping me firmly in place against her. The tingling sensation in my stomach returned, that feeling that felt so weird yet I loved so much. That feeling that I only felt when she was around.

The world stood still, nothing else mattered in this moment. All my fears and worries were pushed straight into the back of my thoughts; they were now the least of my worries.

She slid her tongue across my bottom lip, slowly and seductively begging for entrance. I opened my mouth up slightly allowing her entry; inviting her warm tongue in to join mine inside of my mouth. Our tongues battled for control, dueling for dominance. Our tongues tangled together in a heated dance so sensual my body ignited and burned, the arousal begging to stir in between my thighs. We could have been there for seconds, minutes, or maybe even hours. The concept of time no longer existed.

As the kiss came to a natural ending, no words were spoken between us as we parted. We just sat there locked into an intense gaze as the natural noises of the night filled the space around us. Her eyes became unreadable once more, and that’s when my panic and fear crept back in from the back of my mind. I didn't know what to do or what to say.

Soon enough those unreadable eyes, soon turned into passionately filled chocolate orbs, so many mixed emotions held inside of one glare, as her lips began to curl into a dimple filled smile. All I could do was loose myself in her stare, as I smiled like a loon back.

“I tried.” She started. “I tried to act as if nothing happened between us. I wanted to just move on as if we had never, ya know…kissed that night” her cheeks began to fill with a soft rosy color. “The more I tried, the less it worked. When I walked into the room and saw you, I couldn’t help but be overcome with happiness. When I’m with you, I feel safe, secure… I feel invincible, I feel almost like meself again. Once Ash did that to me I felt lost and I definitely wasn’t meself, until you came into my life and it’s like you’re slowly helping me put meself back together.” The lust had left her eyes which were now filled with gratitude.

“I didn’t mean to leave you like that, that night. I just, I wasn’t planning on doing that, and I panicked. I was scared.” I said, relief washing over me from being able to share my feelings out loud.

“Shh, it’s fine. I’m scared too. I just, I’ve never--”

The back door suddenly swung open, causing Cheryl and I to both swiftly pull away from our embrace. Looking over at the door, the silhouette of a tall Irish girl stood.

“What are yous still doing out here?! We were waiting for yous so we could start the movie Nic wanted to watch, but the psycho blonde is getting a bit impatient.”