Chapter 11

(Cheryl's POV)

Tomorrow, tomorrow I would get to see her again, that is if she shows up. She has to show doesn’t she? To be completely honest though at this rate I don’t think she will. Would she bring up the kiss though? Would it be awkward? No, I wasn’t going to let it be awkward. She obviously regretted doing it, so I’m just not going to bring it up. It’s for the better anyways. If she meant it, she wouldn’t have ran away as soon as it was over.

When she left that night I was speechless it was like my speech ability was shut off temporarily and in that moment in time I was mute. I should have chased after her but my feet were glued to the floor. It was as if my feet were solid bricks that weighed over a ton and they were that unmovable.

One second we were stood there like two idiots, not wanting to part, and the next her juicy plump lips were placed firmly upon mine, the taste of her lip-gloss invading my taste buds. I pulled back out of shock, and she ran. She didn’t even look back; she just turned and darted towards her car after a muffled ‘goodnight’. I was stuck in that spot, my jaw opened slightly out of disbelief from the current event that had just taken place. I didn’t know what to do, what to feel.

After she was out of sight, I slowly reached my hand up to my lips where her lips were just placed moments before; running my own fingers on my lips, slowly tracing them. A tingly sensation started to spread upon them, my tummy began feeling as if it was going to burst from all of the flipping and butterflies going on within it, all followed by my mouth curling upwards into a smile…the smile didn’t last for long though, it then turned into a frown at the realization. She left, she didn’t mean it… She ran.

After she left I tried texting her, and with no luck I started ringing her…but I was shot straight to voicemail every time. Sometimes the phone wouldn’t even ring twice before I was directed to her voicemail, and her raspy Bradfordian tones. What would I even say when she answered, if she answered. I had nothing planned out and every time I got the dial tone my heart would skip a beat thinking that maybe, just maybe she would answer.

Voicemail. Again.

“Hi this is Kimberley’s phone, sorry I can’t answer at the moment but if you leave a message I’ll get back to you as soon as possible…Uh um, hmm, Oh sh!t, how do I stop thi-“

I couldn’t help it, but every time I heard her voicemail a small smile worked its way back onto my face. I left her a few voicemails, hoping that she’d listened to them and possibly call me back, but I received nothing… No text, no calls, no contact what’s so ever. So, in the end I gave up and stopped all together.

I actually thought about dropping by her flat, or even her work, but she obviously wasn’t ready to face me so I wasn’t going to push her anymore. I didn’t blame her though, if I were in her position I would have left the country by now, changing my name along with that from pure humiliation.

Work has been my best friend lately though, seeing that I couldn’t and didn’t want to talk to Nadine or Sarah about the whole situation.

What would the even say If I told them? How would I tell them? “Oh yeah, Kimberley snogged me AND after I realized what she was doing I snogged her back, but then she ran.” No thank you.

So, I did what I do best and attempted to escape from my problems. I offered to teach extra classes, and stay after to close up so Matt and the rest could head home early to their families, unlike me who was going home to an empty flat.

 I had pushed everything to the back of my mind this week, but now today since I had nothing to occupy my thoughts with; she was all I could think about. Matt had noticed my and I quote, “change of behavior” so he gave me the day off, I insisted that I just come in and that I was fine, but he said he’d fire me if I came through that door today. Yes, I was overly exhausted from working myself so hard in the studio these past few says, but I still didn’t want the day off.