Chapter 15

Cheryl's POV

“WAKE UP SUNSHINE.”

I mumbled not yet wanting to awaken from my slumber, swatting my hand in the direction of the noise.

“COME ON.” The noise came again, making me stir from me sleep further. Deciding that this noise wouldn’t win in this match, I took the pillow from under my head and smashed it on top of my head, trying to block out anything that could awaken me. Right after I did this the pillow was stealthily ripped from my grip, a bright light blinding my sight as I snapped my eyes shut once more wanting to just go back into a complete dark and silent atmosphere. 

*THWACK* the pillow collided with my face.

“What the bloody hell was that for?!” I was aggravated, highly p!ssed, my voice raspy from hours of disuse.

Number one rule: Do not under any circumstances wake me up when I am happily asleep.

I grumbled, situating my body to sit up, as my eyes were still clamped shut. I rubbed some of the sleep from my eyes, screwing up my nose feeling a yawn coming from the back of my throat.

“Well good morning beautiful. Don’t you look lovely?” She cackled finding this all amusing.

It was Sarah.

“Sarah what do you think you’re doing waking me up?” I said opening my eyes, daggers hidden within them as I look at her, a cheesy smile plastered upon her face.

“Well my little princess, I made some grub and everyone is up but you so get your arse out of this bed and get down stairs.” She said as she made her way to the door, blowing me a kiss on her way out.

I fell back into the sea of tangled sheets, my head hitting onto a different pillow. Her pillow. A smile began to spread its way across my face at the thought of her, and last night. The feeling of sharing the bed with someone again was nice, it was a feeling I missed. Where is she? Wait. Did anyone walk in on our little cuddle fest? Oh god. Would we end up even telling the girls about us? I mean, of course we will…at some point, not now though especially since we aren’t even a proper couple or anything. We haven’t even been on a date yet. I know I like her and all, but we’ll just have to see where things really go after Wednesday.

As thoughts of last night began to fill my head, one in particular thing stuck out.

“…I will never hurt you. You can trust me.”

It sounded just like something he would say, something he did say…and he broke that promise, every one breaks their promises. I know… I know I shouldn’t compare them. Kimberley is so much more different than him in every aspect, but I can’t calm that little worry bug in the back of my head. I just, I don’t want to be hurt again. I don’t want to put my whole heart into something again and have it smashed into tiny bits that can never be repaired again. I honestly don’t think I have the strength to get hurt again and be ok in the end…

Deciding that I needed to get up before Sarah and her crazy antics came back in I quickly through the sheets from off of my body. The cold air quickly surrounded my body making me want to curl back into the heat of the duvet. Taking a deep breath in, I swung my leg over the side of the bed. Sitting there I wiped the final remains of the sleep from my eyes and yawned once more, bringing my arms over my head and stretching out my sore muscles. Today was going to be a long day, I could tell already.

* * * * * * *

“Well look who finally decided to get up.” Nadine smirked.

“Coffee or tea this morn babe?” Sarah said, as she flipped some pancakes she was making on her new stove.