Chapter 8

(Kimberley's POV)

I’m in Cheryl’s bed, straddling her, inches from her face, staring deep into her eyes. I don’t know what I want to do, but I do know what I need. I need to feel her lips on mine. I’ve fancied the pants off of her for weeks now, and now I have the chance to kiss her. This isn’t normal for me, I’ve never liked another woman before, but she’s different.  My adrenaline is pumping, and my heart pounding like a drum as I stare into her perfect chocolate orbs, so captivated by their depth. She’s stunning, even without any make up on, her hair lays scattered about the pillows underneath her head, a pool of chocolate colored ribbons. Her skin is soft at the touch, like silk. She licks her lips unconsciously, I don’t know how long we’ve been sitting like this, but neither of us are moving from our positions, neither of us breaking eye contact. What I should do is get off of her, and go to bed. What I want to do though is so much different…

What if I kiss her and freak her out, ruining our relationship? These thoughts soon fill my head, scaring me a bit.

At the end of it all, my conscious won in the end. I climbed off of her and lay back beside her. One would think it would end up filling the air with an awkward feeling, but it didn’t.

Back to facing each other like we had been previously, we just lay and talked about anything and everything.

“Favorite color?” she asks.

“Um, pink, you?”

“Purple. Your turn.”  She replies, with a small yawn, crinkling up her nose and melting my heart.

“Favorite movie?”

“The Notebook, wait can it be a musical?”

She giggled while poking me in my sides causing a sequel to come out of my mouth, “No Kimba, I said movie. Mines, erm, Ghost. Ok, I have one. Would you rather have a really big squirrel, or a tiny Rhino?”

“What kind of question is that?” I said, bursting out into laughter. Normally I wouldn’t find this that funny, but I’m basically slap happy, and on the verge of falling asleep. I don’t want to sleep yet though, I just want to talk to her, hear her voice, and learn everything there is to know about this petite Geordie girl. “Ok, um, tiny Rhino, because it would be like owning a tiny fat unicorn.”

“You’re a nutter, giant squirrel for the win! It would be a perfect cuddle buddy and they’re so cute.” She coos. “Besides I love little fluffy animals, I really wanna pup or something soon. We had one when I was little girl, but me mam said she ran away.” A confused expression struck her face, followed by a small sad smile.

“Ok, I have a question then, what’s your favorite animal?”

“Only one?!” She asks baffled, as if I’ve just asked her what the secret to life is.

“Just one.” I heard her sigh, minutes go by and still not a sound comes from her… maybe she fell asleep?

“I GOT IT!” she says a bit too loudly, causing me to practically jump out of my skin.

“I’ve decided me favorite animal are dogs. They’re so cuddly and loyal, y’know. You can trust them no matter what and they’ll never break your heart or break your trust and they’ll love you for a lifetime no matter what.” She answers the question passionately.

I can’t help but think that there is a deeper meaning to her answer, it’s like someone has hurt her, breaking their trust and along with that her heart. Her precious heart, that’s made of gold. How could someone hurt her like that? I want to know, I want to ask her, but we’re having a nice time and I don’t want to ruin the moment, if there is something, she’ll bring it up in her own time. Maybe.