Chapter 2

It’s now Wednesday afternoon, and Sarah and Nadine have decided to invite themselves over for a pizza and movie night. I have to say, I am actually looking forward to Friday a bit more now, but I’m still not totally enthused about it. All I really want is to let myself go, and stop my brain from thinking back to him, which hopefully going out to the club will help. After the phone call with Ashley Monday night, I have been keeping extra busy just to keep my mind off of him. After the call, I made my way to the bedroom and cried myself to sleep that night. The tears wracking over my body, not even a flood gate could stop them. I was beyond exhausted the next day. I have to say, I’m not proud of it one bit, I’m actually still a bit angry at myself for allowing him to get to me. I thought that if I moved here, and left everything behind I would be able to cope better. I’d be closer two my two best friends, in a new city, with new and better adventures, and far far away from Ashley. You know that term, out of sight out of mind? Well I was wrong, because everywhere I was it was like he was too still, even if it was just in my mind.

I’m fitting in well here at my new job thankfully; all the people are very nice and extremely welcoming. It’s like they’re one big family, and I am slowly, hopefully taking apart in it. A few of the other instructors and I have really kicked it off, forming a bit of a friendship I guess you would say. This one girl Becca is about my age, I think only a year older, she’s really sweet and had quite the sense of humor. Anthony is another instructor here; he’s a real good looking guy, if I’m honest. He’s a real sweetheart too, but he’s as straight as a circle. I don’t think Becca’s gaydar is the best though, seeing that she’s constantly flirting with him, or shall I say, attempting to flirt?

Today has been slow, too slow though. The clock hand ticking away like a slug in a race. My eyes growing heavy from the staring contest I continue to have with it, thinking that if I stare at it long enough maybe just maybe it will finally be time to go home. I’ve taught two classes already today, and I only have one left until I get to go back to my flat. I get out early each Wednesday I was informed, due to the fact that Matt likes to close the place early and head home to his 3 kids and wife Beth. It’s nearly 2, which is when my last class starts. Taking a swig from my water bottle, I slowly make my way into the dance studio I will be teaching in for the remainder of the day, slowly dragging my feet and body to its location down the hall.

* * * * * * *

I got home and made my way to the living room. Kicking my shoes off as I plopped happily down onto the, sofa. I got comfy as I sank into the light brown cushions, all the stress from the long day slowly disappearing. Looking for the remote, I find it wedged between the seats. I turn the TV on and flip through the channels, not really finding anything to my interest. A draft from the window that’s to the left of the sofa comes through into the room. As the chilled gust sweeps through the room, I pull the lavender colored blanket from the back of the sofa and snuggle into it wrapping it securely around my body. As soon as I get situated, and content watching my favorite crime show, I hear someone stumbling up the stairwell to my doorstep, two some ones to be precise. This is then followed by giggling and hushing. It’s obvious who it is by the loud noises, and Irish twanged giggle. Their steps are becoming louder and louder as the get closer to the top.

“Sarah shut up, her neighbors are probably asleep!”

“Awe, shut it would ya. What am I gonna do? Get arrested by the quiet police, oh I’m so scared.” Sarah mocks Nadine; I can picture waving her hands above her head dramatically.

“Whatever, just go quicker would you, I’m freezing my ass off.”

“Aye! Don’t smack my arse you little lezbean." Sarah shrieked. "I would go quicker if it wasn’t like climbing Mount Everest to get up these damn stairs, I’m knackered already.”