Chapter 12

Jakes P.O.V

I'm actually really happy that I said what I said because I've been trying to find this out for a while.

Katelyn's dad got up and went to a bookshelf and pulled out an old looking book. He came back and set it on the table and started flicking through the pages and landed on a page that said Lync (made it up). The page was filled with photos and so much writing it was not funny.

He started reading what one of the passages said, "A Lync is a very magical creature with many different powers. The parents have to be a vampire and an angel. The most powerful Lync would be the first ever born. He or she would be very beautiful and would one day come across he/her powers. The first born was definitely one of the most powerful creatures made but sadly was lost or kidnapped. After this creature was born the the leaders of this world lifted the law of different breads having babies because now that the first one was born there is less threat of having something wrong with the new species."

wow ok so Katelyn is really powerful. Cool.

"So Katelyn its saying that because you were first born you've got all the power and can do anything you want basically", her dad said after he noticed the confused look on Katelyn's face.

"Can you read more please", Katelyn asked in a quite voice.

"Ok let's see. Oh look the Lync do have mates and they can still have children. Um nothing really else oh and there weakness is wolfsbane which is the same as werewolves because you are a unique species", her dad spoke again.

"Katelyn do you know who your mate is yet", her mum asked looking directly at Katelyn then at me giving me a knowing smirk.

"Um no not yet", Katelyn said in a shy voice.

Her mum looked at me quickly and then to her, "well I think he's closer then you think".

Katelyn yawned and stretched. "you tired", I asked her.

"yeah" she said sleepily leaning into my shoulder closing her eyes.

"I'll take her home and get her to bed but I'll keep in contact with you so you can bond with Katelyn", I said to her parents picking her up bridal style, taking her to the car and then driving home. On the way home I couldn't help but think how in the world did Katelyn's mum know that I was her mate is it that obvious.

I was just happy that I have finally found what I've been searching for all my life so far. I know for a fact I won't get to sleep tonight.

=============================

Song for the chapter

Awake all Night by Cody Simpson

I would like to tell everyone that I'm typing this on my phone so its really long before I post it and then when I do its really short so I'm really sorry. I'll update when we reach 1 020+ votes.

I LOVE YOU RAINBOW UNICORNS!

~Naomi