Chapter 8

Ginny's POV:

"Mum!" Lily's voice called.

Smiling tiredly, Ginny called back. "In here, sweetie!"

Lily ran in, gasping for air. "Mum, there's a hot man waiting at the door, asking for you. Says his name is Seamus?"

Ginny leapt up. "Is he still there?" she asked hurriedly.

"Don't know, probably." Lily said, but Ginny was already racing for the door.

Finally, she'd been waiting for two hours. He'd said he would come to 'talk' around seven o'clock, and it was already nine.

He had sounded serious when he said 'talk,' but whatever it was about, she could probably distract him.

"Seamus," she said breathlessly, reaching the door.

"Ginny," he returned, nodding formally.

Ginny frowned. That wasn't right, he'd normally greet her with "Hello, hottie," or "Where's the bedroom?", even when he knew exactly where it was.

"Wh-What brings you here?" she asked, patting down her hair. "Ready for another round?" she said coyly.

"About that," Seamus said, and Ginny smirked victoriously.

"This- This can't go on any longer." Seamus burst out.

Ginny froze. "What?"

"I-I want a girlfriend."

Ginny relaxed, and smiled widely. "Who's the girl?" she asked, leaning against the door frame. Surely it would be her. After all, they had been doing so well together.She reached out a finger to trail it down Seamus' chest, but he batted her hand away.

"I-I met someone." Seamus said uncomfortably.

Ginny's smile dropped immediately. "What?"

"At- At Diagon Alley." he tried to explain. "We were reaching for the same book."

"S-So?" Ginny spat.

"We started talking, and- and I really like her, Ginny. She's- She's really nice."

"Did you-"

"I asked her out."

Ginny held up a hand as if to stop him from saying anything else. "So," she said, smiling sweetly. "She's like an on-the-side thing? Date her, then," She trailed a finger down his chest, and pulled it away when he raised his hand to bat at it. "Come home to me?" she whispered, stepping closer.

She was stopped by Seamus stepping back. "No, Gin, she's not an on-the-side thing, she's a forever thing. Or until she breaks up with me." He blushed.

Ginny felt furious. This was not how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to be getting her happy ending. Harry and Seamus. Not- Not neither of them.

"So, um, bye Ginny." Seamus said finally, turned, and Apparated away.

Ginny stood there for a few minutes, unable to believe what had just happened.

"Ginny!" she heard Harry's voice say, and turned excitedly towards him. At least she still had Harry.

"Yes?" she asked sweetly.