Chapter 9

"DAD!" Harry heard his bedroom door bang open, and ran in. "DAD, MOM'S GONE!" Lily shrieked, jumping up and down worriedly at the foot of the bed.

Harry almost got up, but then he remembered last night, and felt a sharp twinge in his chest.

Ginny had left, and Draco had taken her place, if only for the night. Smiling, he turned to look at the space next to him on the bed, and stopped dead when he realized that it was empty. Had Draco left? Had he only stayed until-

"DAD!" Lily's sharp voice brought his attention back to her. "There's a weird guy in our kitchen too. Blonde, making pancakes. Where the hell you'd find him? He's hot!"

Harry relaxed, then blushed when he heard Lily's approval of hi-his whatever they were.

"Ginny left." Harry said, then cursed inwardly when Lily's eyes widened at his cold tone.

"I-Is she coming back?"

"No."

"Whe-where'd she go? Why'd she leave? Did you do something? Is she tired of us? Did we do something?"

"No, Lily, you did nothing wrong." Harry smiled softly at her. "I'll explain downstairs."

Getting up, he threw on a shirt, grabbed Lily's hand, and went downstairs, smiling.

---page break---

Once he stepped into the kitchen, he dropped Lily's hand and stepped up behind Draco, who was shirtless and flipping pancakes.

Snaking an arm around Draco's waist, he laid his chin on Draco's shoulder, who laughed and leaned back against him.

"Morning, sweetie," Draco's warm voice teased, and Harry smiled softly. "Morning to you too," he said, nuzzling his nose into Draco's neck, breathing in the smell of vanilla that seemed to follow him around.

Draco's breath hitched. "Keep that up, and I might not care whether there are kids around," he said, shivering slightly.

Harry laughed, and was about to retort, when he was interrupted by James pounding down the stairs, shrieking; "DAD! MOM'S GONE!"

Draco snickered, and Harry sighed, before turning around to explain to his oldest that no, their mom had not disappeared in the dark of the night, but had left.

"What? Why'd she leave?"

Harry winced, and Draco wound a supportive arm around his shoulder, turning around and looking directly at James.

"Your mom left because she found someone else."

Harry stifled the strangled laugh that threatened to come out of his throat. That was definitely one way of putting it.

James' face fell for a second, then hardened. "And what's he doing here?" he said, jerking his chin at Draco.

Harry blushed and looked over at Draco, who was staring at him expectantly.

"He's- He's my boyfriend." Harry said, feeling his face heat up even more at the blinding smile on Draco's face.

"Him?" came James' incredulous voice, and the smile dropped off of Draco's face.

Harry couldn't do anything but watch as Draco turned to James and said coldly; "Is there a problem with that?"

James scoffed. "Of course there is. From Mom to a Death Eater, Dad? Really?"

Harry's jaw hit the floor. Had James- his son- say something that- that rude?

Many more adjectives used to describe what James had said ran through Harry's head as he watched Draco's shoulders sag the slightest bit.