Chapter 12

*time has skipped to when Albus is leaving for Lorcan's*

^Harry's POV^

*unedited*

"You will come back before September, right?" Harry said worriedly. It was the first of August, time had passed surprisingly quickly, and it was time for Albus to leave for Lorcan's house. 

Albus sighed, hugging Harry tightly. "Yes, dad, don't worry."

"He'll be fine, Harry." Draco said, laying his arm over his shoulder. 

Hugging Albus tightly for a second, Harry stepped back and nodded, smiling slightly. "Love you, buddy." he said. 

Albus nodded excitedly. "Love you too, dad." Grabbing a handful of Floo powder, he stepped in and shouted the address, Harry was too busy gnawing at his fingernails- a bad habit that he seemed to have picked up again- to listen to what he was saying. 

Jumping slightly when Draco reached to take his hand away, Harry turned and smiled at Draco.

In the past few weeks, Draco had become practically a permanent fixture in the Potter household. He helped the kids get breakfast, helped Lily and Albus with their schoolwork (James refused to have anyone but Harry help him), and made sure that they got to bed at a reasonable time. He was almost like- Harry blushed for thinking this- their other parent. 

And oh, did Harry want him to be. Every time he woke up- they slept in the same bed!- next to Draco, and the blonde Adonis was still sleeping, Harry would just lie in his bed and stare, awestruck at the idea that someone like Draco wanted someone- wanted him.

He knew that he was not the only one. He remembered countless times waking up to Draco staring at him, smiling softly.

They hadn't been able to do anything more than fumble in the shower since he had moved in however, as James was ever vigilant. Harry really had to talk to him about boundaries one of these days. 

---------- page break ----------

Back at the house, Harry sighed.

"Harry." Draco said, taking his hands in his. "Look at me."

Harry looked up hesitantly. 

"He'll be fine, Harry, you have him out of the house for longer than this every year."

Harry sighed again. "I-I know, but it's-"

"Harry, you know Luna, right? She'd never let them get in trouble."

Harry stared at Draco, one eyebrow raised dryly. 

Draco laughed and shook his head. "Fine then, Rolf wouldn't. I talked to him yesterday. He seems like a decent person."

Harry nodded slowly. "Okay."

"You know, we need to get your mind off of this, what do you want to do?"

"But- the kids-"

"James is old enough to watch Lily for a day." Draco reassured him. "C'mon, please?" He fixed a pleading expression onto his face.

Harry shrugged. "Why not. You want to go to a movie theater?"

Draco looked at Harry confusedly. "What's a movie thee-ter?"

Harry's eyes widened. "You've never seen a movie?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "Is it a Muggle thing, Harry?"

Harry nodded excitedly. "You've never been. Merlin, Draco, what have you been doing?"

"Evidently nothing," Draco snapped.