Chapter 10

A/N This is what happened after Ginny was kicked out.

Ginny's POV:

Clutching her bathrobe to her, she stumbled up the front steps of her brother's flat. She knew that he and his wife already had two or three (she couldn't remember the exact number) kids to take care of, and they hadn't exactly gotten along well when he found out about Seamus, but he couldn't turn away family... Right?

Knocking hurriedly on the door, she looked around, silently praying that no one would catch her in her state of half-undress.

"Yes? Who the fuck is it, it's bloody three in the morning..." Ron's groggy voice came from behind the closed door, and she breathed a sigh of relief, pasting a weary smile on her face.

The second Ron opened the door, he tried to shut it again, but Ginny hurriedly stuck her foot in the door frame, stopping it just in time, and tried to ignore the bolts of pain running up her leg.

"What the fuck do you want?" Ron asked groggily, glaring at her.

"Hi Ronnie," she said, trying her pet name for him. Seeing the frown on his face become more pronounced, she sighed. "Ha-Harry kicked me out," she muttered.

Ron stood still for a second, staring at her in shock, then whooped. "He did?"

She nodded.

"... And?"

"Ca-can I stay here?" Ginny asked hesitantly.

Ron stared at her, dumbfounded, then snorted. "Oh, that's rich. You want to stay here, with your poor older brother, who could only get the school know-it-all to love him?"

Ginny flushed in embarrassment as she remembered the words that she had spat at him the last time they had seen each other, when he had found out about Seamus.

"Ye-Yes," she muttered.

"Well, let me tell you something, Ginny,-"

Right when he was about to start on his (no doubt embarassing) rant, a bushy head popped up behind him.

"Ron? Who is it?" The second Hermione saw the familiar long red hair, her voice turned frosty. "Oh, her."

Sighing, she walked up to the door and pushed Ron gently out of the way. "What do you want?"

Ginny looked down at her feet. "I-I-"

"She needs a place to stay," Ron said coldly. Hermione's eyes widened. "She does?"

"Yeah, so I told her-"

"Please!" Ginny burst out, surprising herself and the two in front of her. "Just for a night, I'll find somewhere else to stay after."

Ron looked at her with the same freezing cold gaze, but she could see Hermione softening, so she looked down at the ground and scuffed her feet against the pavement.

"She's a family member, Ron," she heard Hermione begin, but Ron quickly interrupted her. "I don't care, Hermione, someone who insults my family- for the love of Merlin, she called you a whore!"

"I know, Ron," Hermione said gently. "I haven't forgiven her for that,"- and the glare that she sent Ginny definitely convinced her of that- "But it's just for one night. You don't even need to look at her. She can sleep on the couch-"