chasing zayn || three

I'm half a heart.

I woke up, early morning light shining on my face.

Am I being punished?

I struggled to pry my eyes open, using my hand to cover my face. I got up to go and close the curtains, sighing in content when I'd completed my task. I stretched and yawned, travelling to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face. When entering back into my room, I noticed a little note on my side-table drawer.

Picking it up, it read;

'Thank You, I don't remember everything, but I do remember you helping me. It's been tough lately, not just with the Zayn thing but with plenty of things, and I felt that alcohol was the only thing that could comfort me, but I've learned friends are better help.'
-xx Harry.

I smiled. folding the note, I opened the drawer pulling out a leather bound book, my song book, I inserted the note into random section of the book and closed it. Slipping it back into its spot. I changed clothes, and made my way downstairs, where I found the rest of my bandmates, minus Harry— who walked in at that moment, clad in only boxers, which was only one more layer than his usual attire when strolling about the house.

He smiled at me, the best I'd seen him in the longest, and I was happy I could help.

Louis was sat on the centre couch playing Call of Duty, a game I got him hooked on because all he ever played was FIFA, which is hypocritical to say. Liam was sat on the couch to the right on his phone, not even paying any mind to the lanky limbed boy, Harry, who'd thrown himself across Liam's lap, because it wasn't abnormal.

I sat on the couch opposite them, stretching across its length. I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

To: ZeeZee
MSG: interview today, of all the things I'd rather be doing /:

It was about a minute or two before I got a reply.

From: ZeeZee
MSG: aw Babe, it'll be alright.

I eyed the text, he just called me babe.

From: ZeeZee
MSG: Nialler* haha sorry, silly autocorrect.

I squinted my eyes at the text, My stomach felt weird.

I haven't had breakfast yet.

I'm hungry s'all.

I send him a quick 'thanks' before I rise up from the couch and enter the kitchen in search of something to fill my stomach.

The four of filed into our limo, we were on our way to the interview. Climbing in first, then Louis, then Liam and Harry who sat opposite of Louis and myself.

"You ok mate?" Louis asks, nudging my shoulder with his own.

I look at his similar blue eyes, "Yeah, just a little tired." I didn't want use the term 'weird' again when It's used in relativity to Zayn again.

Louis reaches into the bowl along the wall of the limo, handing me a Doubleshot.

I wasn't really tired but who turns down coffee?

It's rhetorical, don't answer that.

I open the can, drinking nearly half of its contents in a gulp. Smiling at Louis after watched me drink.