chasing zayn || 14

AN: Pay attention :) There's no big reveal here but there is a hint to what's coming. But other than that, this is a pretty chill chapter ;)

I woke up this morning in Zayn's— gargantuan— sized bed. Alone.

I check the time, it's early, half past eight. I hadn't intended on staying the night, but after his video shooting yesterday, we came back to his and he made me dinner. He cooked. I didn't know he could cook. It's amazing that after all this time that I've known him, I'm still learning new things about him. I hadn't intended on staying and was pretty set on leaving, but he asked me to stay. Initially I said 'no', but he was pretty persuasive. I sit up sliding out from under the plentiful amount of white sheets, tossing my legs over the side and standing up. After stretching, I ruffle my hair, while yawning. Before I decided to go find Zayn I first go to the bathroom— the regular morning routine— brushing my teeth and washing my face. Then I leave the room, my feet silently padding along the carpeted floor, when I reach the top of the steps, I hear music, it's faint but it's clearly coming from Zayn's studio. Slowly I move down the stairs, listening.

It isn't until I reach the door, and slowly crack it open, that I actually hear words.

"This love is tainted,
I need you and I hate it."

Light seeps into the dark studio and the music cuts. Why won't he let me hear it?

"Good morning, love." He says over the com.

Ignoring the goosebumps that the use of the word 'love', I instead skip to firing question's, hoping he'd ease my curiosity. He exits the booth, clad in only sweatpants, compared to me being clad in only a t-shirt and my underwear, honestly I was a bit self-conscious
at first about my sleeping wardrobe around Zayn, but I remembered, he was my best friend, we've seen each other in our entireties. But like I said, it's different now. With the way that things are going now, he's well on his way to being more.

"What was the name of that song?" I ask , as he strolls over to me, arms slithering around my waist, pulling me closer and I lay my head against his shoulder.

"fool for you."

"Who's it about?" I say, firing another question, lifting my head to look him in the eye.

"What makes you think it's for anyone?"

"Songs always have meaning. Whether it's clear or not. I heard only two lines of that song and I could tell it was written for a reason."

"Well this one is one of the rare ones, I wrote just because." He says, pursing his lips and shrugging.

"You're breaking the laws of music." I say, shaking my head with discontent.

"So be it." He retorts, laughing letting me go, grabbing my hand and pulling me behind him, out of the studio.

"But really—" I start my preposition.

"No." He cuts me off, glancing back at me.

I scoff, "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Yes I do. It was gonna be something along the lines of me letting you hear the rest of the song, am I right?"

Averting my eyes away from his gaze, I answer with a small "no."

"You're such a bad liar." He laughs. He stops walking, and again embraces me again, "You'll hear the sound rest of it in time. I promise."