chasing zayn || 20

AN: before you read I want you to explain what this is ---> __/\__

I woke up the next morning, a bit tense but fine nonetheless. I pry my eyes open after adjusting to the light in the room. When they do adjust they land on the honey brown eyes that I'd grown to love more than I'd care to admit. He was watching me with a lazy smile.

"What are you looking at? Creep." I say jokingly, closing my eyes again, still exasperated slightly, and offering him a half-smile as the other half of my face was still smushed against the pillow.

"A good morning would have sufficed, but if you must know, you look so peaceful when you sleep."

I groan into the pillow, "Oh, don't become one of those people."

"What do you mean those people?" He queries, raising an eyebrow.

"The ones that 'ooo' and coo at everything their other does."

"Niall I think you know me well enough to know that isn't the type of person, I am."

"I don't know Zee." I smirk, and shrug the best I can from my horizontal position.

"Ah, shut up." He says playfully, tapping my cheek with hand lightly before letting it rest there for a moment as he caresses my ear, which probably makes me sound like a dog but I couldn't lie, the feeling was almost euphoric, his hand slid down to my neck, around to my chin, he rested his thumb on my lip, ghosting over it, before his moved himself closer and rested his lips on my own. He followed up with a sequence of pecks before pulling back and sitting up.

"I wasn't finished." I mumbled.

Zayn doesn't say anything, only chuckles.

"Get back here and love me damnit." I say, attempting to raise my voice but due to my facial movement limitations caused by my position against the pillows, half of it is muffled. I also noted how much my behaviour has changed ever since this whole thing started, at this point I'd almost completely forgotten how things used to be, how I used to be, when he'd left. It was nothing more than a memory now. Actually it was less, merely a remnant of it. It was then that memories of last night came back, memories of all things we did, memories of how he made me feel. I almost found myself getting hot again at the thought of it, at the thought of how he--

"You ok Niall?" Zayn called, I blink a few times, phasing back into focus. I see Zayn looking at me with concern in on his face.

"Y-yeah. I'm alright." I answer, pushing down my sinful thoughts. I sit up and almost yelp when a sharp pain shoots throughout my back. I let out a string of threats, and turn onto my back before arms give out. Every muscle below my diaphragm feels loose in that 'I never exercise' kind of way. "Zayn what the shit did you do?"

I can hear him chuckle from the other side of the bed.

I crane my head in his direction and stare him down with a serious look. He doesn't say anything but instead moves over to his drawer while I wait on the bed in my sprawled position, clad in only my boxers that I'd managed to slip back on before falling asleep last night. Zayn came back to the bed, and moved next to me, and held out some pain meds. I grab them and sit up, wincing in pain, while Zayn reaches over and grabs a water bottle, Handing it to me. I throw the pills back and then take a sip of the water.

"Next time," I groan, slowly throwing my legs over the edge of the bed, "you're bottom."

Zayn chortles, "I don't bottom." He says smiling in a fashion that made it seem as though I'd said something unheard of.

"Oh, is that true?" I question, cocking my head to the said amusedly. "You wanna bet?"

"I don't think you wanna do that. I don't want you to lose money."