1

one;

one;

minseo pushed the door of the cafe open and took in the sweet aroma of coffee wafted in the air. a smile played on her lips as she tucked her hands in her coat pockets. its cold in korea for the winter season had just finished weeks ago and minseo was still adjusting. she hated the cold so much. what better time to warm herself with hot, delicious coffee than now?

"that would be ₩4300. name please?" the cashier lady said after she took minseo's order.

"miy ㅡ m-minseo! minseo! i meant...minseo" she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. she can't she almost said her past name! stupid, she cursed herself.

the lady looked at her weirdly but shrugged it off and took her money. minseo proceeded to look for a vacant spot after she was told that her name will be called shortly once her coffee's done.

she sat on one just beside a large window out-looking the streets of gangnam, seoul. she learned from her research that gangnam was a place where a lot of high-class people live in. minseo would be lying if she said she didn't fit in that category.

after a few minutes, her name was called and she sat back down with the coffee now warming her hands. she took a sip and her body was warmed instantly. she had to admit, adjusting to a new country was still hard despite her countless experiences in moving. cold korea was so different to tropical california where she lived for 10 years but she knew she'd have to get used to it soon.

she swore to herself that that little slip-up at the cashier would be the last time. kang miyeon should be buried deep down, forgotten, along with the other 18 names she's ever had in the past.

every after ten years, minseo moves to a completely new city to start anew. if she lasted in one place longer than that, they would get suspicious on how her looks never change through the years.

she watched her faint reflection on the glass window. there was no trace of any wrinkle, any scar or any sign of aging. her skin still looked as flawless as ever and her hair was still as smooth.

even at 180 years old, she still looked as young as she did when she was 18.

"so you're not dead" a deep voice brings her back from her thoughts to reality.

"haven't i told you to answer my calls unless you're already dead?"

minseo rolled her eyes at that. "stop overreacting"

"i'm not. if something bad happens to you, i'm dead. the whole experiment's dead" he stated matter-of-factually.

"uh-huh. its not like you even got far from where you guys started a hundred years ago" minseo shot back.

"yah! we did make some progress! its not much but i can feel that we're getting close to success. i am betting that we can get this done and wrapped up by this year."

minseo rolled her eyes again at his statement. "whatever you say, kim taehyung. whatever you say"

one thing you need to know about lee minseo other than her real age, is that she and taehyung are part of an experiment that was started by taehyung's father a hundred years back.

his father was a very famous chemist who made a potion that adds a hundred years to your actual life span called the lifeplus potion. and minseo and taehyung are the only living proof of its effectiveness.

what makes taehyung different though, is that he is one of the chemists that takes part in expanding the experiment's research.

meanwhile, minseo is just a mere test subject to the whole experiment. for she lost an important part of her life after the testing.

her memories.

she doesn't remember anything other than the time she woke up after she was fed the potion. what her life before that, she doesn't remember. she actually doesn't mind if she lost them forever. but it was taehyung who insisted to at least return to her 'mother land' and see if she could get even just snippets of her past life.

thats one of the reasons why they moved back to korea. and for the next 10 years, minseo wants a change.

"are you seriously decided on going back to college?"

minseo shrugged. "not really. but whats there to loose? it'll keep me busy for 10 years, so why not? and plus, i'm getting tired of running the company anyway"

after she was awoken after the testing, she helped around the lab. but taehyung found her parents' company that was passed down to her so she ran that for a total of 50 years. but it took her that long to realize that the office is just not for her.

"oh, right. i need the new name you're taking so the new documents we need can be done by next week so we can get you enrolled. i was thinking of kim taeyeon. or maybe bae irene. or maybe ㅡ "

"hey, tae" taehyung paused and looked her way. "i want to use my real name this time"

○ edited ○

5/3/2016

im so pumped for this now. like i srsly like this one better than my old chapters and i hope you guys do too! i also added little photocards for each chapters :)) some of those things hold clues for stuff guys sooooo... #BigHitBeLike

pls comment/vote and tell me what you think. i need motivation <333