8

eight;

"get the hell away from me before i flush your dick down a toilet!"

"wow, thats so morbid" he makes a disgusted face but it turns into a smile. "i like you already!"

"well i'm sorry but the feeling isn't mutual" she scowls at him. minseo goes out to the field and she rolls her eyes when jungkook trails behind her.

"stop following me!"

"i'm bored! i don't want to be alone" he catches up to walk next to her. "i'm hungry too"

"then eat! i'm crashing at the library until my next class" she says as she takes another look at her watch. only 20 minutes late until it anyway.

"thats so boring!" he whines and grabs onto her wrist. "you're coming with me. lets go!"

"y-yah!"

they ended up at a local noodle house and jungkook takes the privilege to order them both house special ramyuns. once their food arrived, jungkook immediately digs in.

minseo stares disgusted at the guy in front of him who was like drinking his ramyun at his eating speed. she hasn't even eaten one noodle but he's already half-done with his.

"did you not eat for a week? slow down, will you?" she says to him as she starts eating.

"i haven't eaten my lunch yet" he smiled brightly at her.

minseo finds it weird how awfully smiley this guy is. he's so different from the guy she met at the donut shop. minseo wonders if he's usually all lively like this.

"why not?"

"part-time job" he answers as he drinks his cola. "i recently took one that starts at 11 am and ends at 1:30 pm"

oh is that why he's late for afternoon's first period?

"wow, thats hectic" she said. "why did you take a part-time job at such an uncomfortable time?"

"i needed it" he shrugs. "i need all the money i can get for me to survive"

minseo felt sorry for him. she felt like she was kind of insensitive to ask that question since how would she know the hardships of life? ever since she woke up after she was given the potion, she lived a life of luxury with the help of taehyung. and her parents' company became big and successful through the years so she earned a lot of money of her own.

"what happened to you last time?" she asked, changing the subject. "like 2 weeks ago when we met at the donut shop"

"ah, nothing big. just went clubbing that night and i had too much alcohol" he looks up to meet her eyes. "but i should be asking you that"

he knows he's referring to that weird experience she had. that headache. that flashback. it was so weird and it was all very overwhelming. she doesn't know how to explain it herself.

"i..." she trailed. "i don't know"

she didn't tell taehyung or namjoon and hoseok about it. she doesn't know why but she chooses to keep it to herself for now. she wants to find out what they were for sure. what they mean to her without anyone putting stuff in her mind.

she trusts taehyung to death but sometimes she feels like he's hiding too much from her. minseo's not stupid enough to see that taehyung knows something of her past and that he has a big part in her past life. namjoon and hoseok, she doesn't wanna burden them since they're not part of her problems.

as much as possible she wants to handle this on her own.

"you don't know?" he raises a questioning brow but shrugs. "okay then"

minseo puts down her chopsticks. "hey" he looks up at her and raises a brow at her again.

"what if...it seems like the universe is trying to let you remember something but you dont necessarily want to remember it," she plays with her fingers. "would you work to get those memories back or would you just continue your life without them?"

jungkook places his own chopsticks down and places a finger on his chin, like he's thinking hard about it.

"if the universe is telling you to remember them, then why would you not make an effort to do so? its using its precious time to help you remember what you have forgotten..." he gives off a grin. "...so doesn't that mean that the universe is giving you a sign remembering them would be best for you?"

minseo thinks about it. he does have a point. destiny itself is helping her to retrieve the memories she have lost so who is she to stop them? she can just let it come to her voluntarily. and if it doesn't, whats there to loose?

"thanks...?" she trails, hinting for his name.

he extends a hand. "jeon jungkook, at your service" he winks, yet again.

she reaches out to hold it. "thanks, jungkook. its minseo. lee minseo"

jungkook was about to pull his hand back but minseo wouldn't let go. her face was calm. "what?"

she grins and finally releases his hand. "nothing. your hand is just...warm"

"and yours, miss lee, is very cold" he smiles back. "i like that"

edited

5/7/2016

hueheuehueehuehue~ aha, to those old readers who read the old version, do you guys like this better or...?

pls give me some motivation, i need it bad ㅠㅡㅠ