12

twelve;

"it happened 3 years ago. they said i was on my way home from a friend's house but the car i was driving lost its brake so i collided with a truck" jungkook flinched at the memory, the images coming back to him so fast like lightning. "they said it was a miracle that i survived. that i should be thankful to be alive. but i didn't have the luxury to be thankful at that time. because the only thing i could remember was fragments from my accident. nothing more, nothing less. when i woke up, i forgot who i was"

minseo just listened as jungkook revived the secret he's been keeping all these years. no one other than seokjin, his family and jimin knows about this but now he's telling minseo so willingly. he, himself, is confused as to why but he's making himself believe that its just to make minseo comfortable into talking about herself to him after he's done the same.

"the company that owned that truck came to find me and payed for my expenses. the current ceo, seokjin hyung, came to meet me and offered to take me in since i was clueless about everything. i agreed immediately, just wanting to escape the stuffy hospital room i was in" jungkook continues. "his family was very welcoming and not long after that, they accepted me as completely part of their family. that time i felt like i was whole again. i had a family. i was a son to the kims and a brother to seokjin hyung. i was happy and thankful"

"but you left. for what reason?"

jungkook nods. "i did. i realized one day that i was happy, but i wasn't happy as the real me. i was living life as a different jungkook. i mean, i didn't even know the real jungkook! i became to immersed in the riches and the comfort and the illusion of everything being alright that i forgot that i needed to know if i left someone behind or if i had a dream before i lost it all in that car crash"

"and so after thinking it through a couple of days, i officially talked to the mr. and mrs. kim first and then to seokjin hyung last. the kims were sad at what i decided to do but they agreed to my plans. seokjin hyung, he was against it the most but in the end i managed to convince him that i needed to this" jungkook smiles, at least he has people that care for him sincerely. "i'm sorry. i think i'm blabbering too much"

minseo smiled at how cute jungkook looked all embarrassed in front of her. she shook her head. "its okay. it must've been hard for you to keep all this to yourself. at least now you can get rid of all the frustrations you have by telling someone without worrying about how that person would feel about it. i'll listen"

"you're right, i do feel better. thanks, minseo" jungkook grins, instantly feeling lighter like a big object was taken off from her chest. "now that i'm done, its your turn"

minseo felt the rush inside her body. it was tempting, really. to just let everything go and let jungkook know everything she kept bottled inside of her. she too, like what jungkook just did, wants to tell someone about the heavy burden she's been carrying. sometimes it gets hard but she never gets around to tell anyone about it because no one will ever understand.

but seeing jungkook staring at her like this, like he was actually willing to listen to her and give her advice, like he would actually understand her and not judge her for anything. she wants to give it a go. but she knows she shouldn't. she knows she wouldn't.