Chapter Three

Chloe
Friday night. Papa, Caleb and I were at the Boots and Saddle, Tito Rannie owns the place. I so miss this place, this has always been my sanctuary. I find a different kind of comfort whenever I come here, especially after Mama passed away. Maybe it's the country home ambience and the old school music. I grew up listening to John Denver and Simon & Garfunkel and Peter, Paul & Mary, their songs playing in the car all the time. Those are the kinds of music that Papa and Tito Rannie and their brothers used to sing here, I sing with them too whenever I come here. The show starts at 9 PM, Papa and the Titos are already preparing on stage.
Tito Caloy approached me and asked me to sing "Our House" on a duet with him. Of course I said yes, I love singing with my Titos. First song of the first set was Tito Beloy singing "You and I" by Kenny Rogers. Tito Caloy & I were next. When we were done, Bradley requested me to sing "Crying in the Rain." I gave in to my cousin's request. Everything went smoothly until I reached the part "Someday when my crying's done, I'm gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun. I may be a fool but till then, Darling, you'll never see me complain. I'll do my crying in the rain." I saw some people coming through the door and Tito Rannie went to greet and hug them. I froze when I saw the tall guy who went in last. Iñigo! I couldn't finish the song. I saw Iñigo stop walking when he saw me on stage. I said to myself, "Great! Now he sees me na. I should have ran off the stage before he even looked my way."
And my mind just went blank.

Iñigo
"Why do I feel nervous right now?" I wondered as I was driving on the way to the Boots and Saddle. Dad sat by the passenger seat while my mother and 2 sisters were seated at the back. It's surprising that there's no traffic in the city, but I realized that it's already past 9 in the evening. We got to Boots and Saddle in no time, the show has already started. I heard a female voice singing. I stopped in my tracks when I realized that the song was "Crying in the Rain." Could it be her? I thought as I tried to compose myself and recognize the beautiful singing voice. When I came in, I looked at the stage right away. I knew it was Chloe, she lost a lot of weight but I'm positive that it was her. And my world just turned upside down when our eyes met.