Chapter Eight

Chloe
"Good morning, Love! Rise and shine! Opening day today! I'm happy that your dreams are slowly becoming a reality and thank you for making me a part of it. I'll see you later at the shop. I love you." This was Iñigo's text message first thing when I woke up.
Howie Day's "Collide" had been playing on repeat while I was getting ready for the most memorable event of my life yet. I was very excited as I looked back from the time I quit my corporate job and made an impulsive decision to go back home and just put up my very own craft/coffee shop. Everything is now falling into place: with Iñigo and I happy together, the rose farm, my new business. I could not ask for more, I just had to count my blessings.
The event will start at 11 AM, brunch will be served to the guests. I would be holding a beginners' crochet workshop that I really hope everyone will enjoy.
It's already 10 AM but Iñigo still isn't here, he told me he would come early to help me out to see that everything runs smoothly. I couldn't reach his cellphone too, which worried me because he doesn't turn his phone off.
Just when the event was about to start, I got a call from Tita Gloria. She sounded hysterical, I couldn't even understand what she was saying. But I could feel my knees weaken when she finally rose her voice and said, "It's Iñigo! You have to come to the hospital right now!"
Papa, Caleb and I rushed to the hospital as fast as we could and went straight to the Intensive Care Unit where Iñigo and Nicolette were at. I shouted his name when I saw him lying and unconscious with different tubes attached to his body. He had some cuts and bruises all over. I cried at the sight of him like that, I'm just not used to it. They had a car accident on their way to the shop. Nicolette also wanted to help out so they decided to go together. Nicolette only had minor injuries and she was conscious the whole time, but she had to be observed within 24-48 hours.
I decided to not open the shop yet, I just couldn't concentrate and focus with Iñigo still in the hospital. I didn't want to leave him, I wanted to be there with him the entire time and when he wakes up. After 3 days, he's already breathing on his own so he was transferred to a private suite.
"Love, gising kana please. Ngayon mopa bako iiwan? I will do anything, basta gumising ka lang. Are you gonna make me wait another 12 years? Wag naman sana. Another 12 years will be the death of me, I know it will be too late. Please, please, Iñigo, wake up." I spoke in between sobs.
I didn't realize that I cried myself to sleep, holding Iñigo's hand.
I woke up at the sound of people talking in the room, then I felt a hand cupping my cheek.
A familiar voice said, "Look, she's awake." That sounded like Caleb.
"Love?" It was like a voice of an angel. Then I jolted when I realized whose voice that was.
"Iñigo? When did you? What happened?" I asked, still confused at what was happening.
"Kani-kanina lang. I thought I heard you crying and calling out my name. Alam mo naman nasasaktan ako pag umiiyak ka. Then I saw you sleeping there beside me, ayaw lang kitang gisingin kasi you look exhausted. I miss you so much." He explained.
"Are you feeling okay? Anong masakit sa'yo? Have you talked to the doctor?" I asked while touching the bruises on his face.
He took my hand and kissed it, "Medyo masakit pa ang katawan ko pero okay lang. Saka andiyan ka eh, kaya pagaling nako. Thank you. I love you."
"I love you, too. Wag mokong tinatakot ng ganun ulit ha? Grabe ka." I told him, teary-eyed.
He just nodded and chuckled, then wiped my tears.