Chapter Nine

Iñigo
2 months after the accident, I've never been better. Nicolette was given another 3 month extension of her vacation so she can rest and fully recover. I love the fact that Chloe visits me at the farm everyday before she opens the shop in the morning. Then after breakast, we walk around the property. It served as my therapy. Sometimes when she's not so busy, I'd ask her to come over and have dinner with me then I'd cook for her. She loves my garlic shrimp pasta and vegetable lasagna.
Tonight is a special night. I'm going to ask her to marry me. Nicolette helped me out with the romantic marriage proposal idea. Of course I had my hair cut, I shaved my beard. I had to be gwapo para pogi points, so she would say yes.
When Chloe arrived at the farm, I greeted her with a tight hug and a kiss on her forehead.
"Hi! Why so gwapo?" She asked while cupping my cheek.
"I have a surprise." I answered while I took her hand to lead the way.
The lights at the farm were all turned off, only a trail of candles that leads to the gazebo where a small table is being set up for us to have dinner. Of course I prepared her favorite dimsum, but for dessert I got her favorite Swiss chocolates. She was never a fan of wines when having a meal, so I made fresh fruit juice instead.
I made a photo collage of memorable photos of us from 15 years ago until the present, hang it on the wall of the gazebo then covered it with red roses for a surprise.
After dinner...
"Anong meron? Bakit andaming roses diyan?" She asked pointing at the wall.
I stood up, took her hand and led her to her rose-covered wall. I removed the cover and showed her my surprise. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.
"What is this? Awwwe! Our photos from way way back, ang chubby kopa diyan. Hahahah!" She laughed while looking at the photos.

Chloe
Iñigo's been acting weird. He had his haircut, and he shaved. I like the ruggedly handsome Iñigo, but clean cut Iñigo is way better. And why is it so dark in here? And I love his surprise, makes me appreciate more of what we have right now.
His face turned serious as he held my hands and said,
"Chloe, you have proven your love to me countless times. Since the accident, I cherish you more and I can't stand the thought of being without you in my life. As I was making the photo collage, I looked back at our struggles, years and years of being away from each other. And it was hard, I realized that I never want to go back to those times. We are already in our 30s, ayoko na rin patagalin 'to. Chloe, will you be my wife? Please be my wife." He was on his knees, holding a ring in his hand.
I was silent for a minute, trying to compose myself because I was really shaking. I finally spoke,
"Iñigo, wala akong ibang pinangarap na makasama sa buhay kundi ikaw lang. You also have proven your worth many times. When the accident happened, akala ko mawawala kana sakin. Pero God is so good, He brought you back to me twice. The 12 years na wala ka, ang hirap. Mahirap kasi umaasa ako na babalik ka, eventhough I never heard from you that time. Maraming tutuktok sa batok ko kung di pako papayag na magpakasal sa'yo ngayon. And my biological clock is ticking, paano natin mabubuo ang basketball team natin kung dipa natin sisimulan ngayon? Yes, I would love to be Mrs. Iñigo Suarez."
He got excited again. He got up, kissed me then embraced me. And we cried together.