Frost Burnt

(Cinder POV) 

        Sage roared and jumped on top of me. His tail swiping, venom dripped from his fangs, his eyes were slitted and almost then I could mistake him for a heartless beast. I pounced only to swipe air. Dang it, I missed again. i felt a sharp pain in my side and then I was looking up at an amused smirk plastered over his face. "Jerk," I chuckled, throwing his heavy body off mine. I shook my silver mane. 

        "You're not ready to face the humans, we need to get you trained, again..." he grimaced. He leapt into the air towards me. This time I was ready, as soon as he hit the ground I was under him, pushing my weight with my foot, throwing him to the side and jumping onto him while he was unstable. I grinned, a few strands of my mane, covered my eyes.

         "I think I am ready. We will avenge your family," he looked at me, his eyes fogged up a bit. He nodded slipping out from under me. "When will we attack?" I whispered. His gaze still lingered on me, his eyes a hazy orange that brought chills through my stomach, so much hate frolicked there. 

        "At dawn," he replied, his eyes still on me. 

       "Then we better get ready," I said my eyes staying on his, he nodded solemnly. I narrowed my eyes, was there something he was not telling me? I shook it off and continued onward, following Sage who was sneakily creeping through the vegetation. His green scales shone vibrantly against the sun. I walked slowly behind him, careful to avoid crunching the scattered pine needles that delicately littered the forest floor. 

**************** 

             A small fire blazed up a head, night was fading quickly. Getting in position in a thicket of pine, I sucked in a deep breath and roared, shaking the entire village. I snuck through the thicket and crawled out to face the enemies. They were ready with silver weapons shimmering in the faint sunlight, they wore helmets of iron, protecting them. I hissed in agitation as an arrow shot past my ear.  

        One. Two. Three. I leapt into the air, and tackled the nearest human, who had a deadly axe in his right hand. I threw him to the side roughly, away from the attacking villagers. I looked around, this was were Sage was supposed to come in. Where was he? Then I saw him, creeping through the undergrowth, he was not looking at me, but in the direction of the prisons. "Sage," I screamed as a sword pierced my side, he didn't look up, "Sage?" I then realized, he was using me. He had been using me. This whole time. I was meant to die here. No... I would not die here. 

                  Roaring, I swung my forepaw at a man's face. The human's still proceeded to enclose me in a circle, their weapons prodded at my sides, and all I could envision was Sage's deceitful face, his snarky comments, his betraying personality. I closed my eyes and shut everything out. I felt a power stirring inside me. A little string, the one that controlled me, I grabbed it twisting it, hanging on to it. If I was playing this game, I would get checkmate. I pulled, feeling the power stir within me. I opened my eyes and I roared. 

           I imagined Sage, his lies, his fangs enclosed around my throat, then I pushed it away and put the humans back into consciousness. All that power I was holding inside me, I let it go, the world seemed to be frozen for a minute and then everything went back to normal, except all the humans stood frozen their weapons still raised, like glass the substance froze them in time. 

         Light shone down on my blunt, white scales, as I stared at the frozen white bodies, and icy glasslike substance froze them, for eternity, ice. I spotted Sage coming from the prison carrying a limp red body. I glared at him, he froze, his eyes wide in astonishment. he dropped the dragon, "C-Cinder, Ho-w are you still al-live." I growled at him, hurt by his overwhelming betrayal. He was my friend no more. Soldiers began to pile from the building, and instead of attacking him, they faced me. 

            "What have you done?" I snarled, anger and rage sweeping through me. 

             "Letting them end the prophecy," he growled, his eyes filled with remorse, as they charged, their weapons glittering in the now burning sunlight. I closed my eyes and roared, sending my icy breath through them, freezing their insides, leaving a sculpture of them to weather with time. 

               Sage looked at me in shock, his face hid a crescendo of fear behind his eyes. His eyes. The burning, scorching heat was too much. "Good bye, Sage," I said turning my back to him and disappearing through the layer of strong, tall pine trees.

     He was the enemy, and enemies like him would face my rage, the fire in my heart would burn the frost in theirs. They were frost burnt, frozen in a pit of lies, frozen in a pit of my burning rage. I disappeared from the sight, his amber eyes were imprinted in my mind forever. He would face my demise someday. I was the cinder of ash and the flame, I was the ice of fire. I was the frost of burn. I was frost burnt and they sure as hell would pay. 

____________________________________________________________________ 

 Thank you for reading. I hope to get at least a couple reads, please. Sorry I have not posted in a while, I have been a bit busy. 

-Smily faces and rainbows to all 

- WintersJudgement