Epilogue: From the Ashes we Came

(Decibel POV) 

        I remember the ashes falling to the ground. the screams of the dying filtering in the air. i remember the sound of my own agony racing through me. I liked the feeling of the soot that crinkled beneath my claws as I stepped towards the end of my misery. I would start this war again. This time we would not lose. This time humans will suffer their own crimes. Every last one would die. Every last one would be punished. 

        I would kill their souls like they did to mine. I would rip their bloody hearts form their bodies, as they begged for mercy. They never gave me any. They deserved none from me. I was always the victim. This time I would be the hero. i would rise from the ashes and begin afire to scorch the evil in their own humanity. I would erase the hatred from this once beautiful world. I would let my daughter live in a fascinating world, where the grass is green and the warmth was real. There would be no artificial light in this world, no false hope. Everything would be real. Everything would be perfect. 

         The king would die with a stony sword in his ice cold heart. he would suffer, he would die. His kind had killed mine. He had forced us to become monsters, he had killed our children. he had forced us to kill. He would receive the same bitter mercy. He would suffer the sky upon his shoulders for his crimes.  I would end him, so my daughter could live. My beautiful Cinder didn't deserve the weight of crimes upon a broken back. She would never suffer the pain. 

            I would win this war. I may not be there for the finish line, but I would be there for the beginning. i would be there to begin the end of humans. I closed my eyes, feeling my power wash through me. No more. Everything would be beautiful again. Where dragons could fly. Where flowers bloomed, where the dead remained in peace. Where death was honored. Where we could be happy. Where the sky had light. I would begin a world where everyone was happy. There would be no more. 

            No more tyranny. 

          I threw my head back and screamed to cover my menacing laughter, as the fire ignited in my bones, the humans would suffer. We would win this time. I knew the humans here would not live, anyone within my powers range would die. I let the scorching tempters of hatred flow from me and ignite the earth. I could hear the shatter of glass and the crumbling of earth beneath my feet. I fell to the ground, my ears ringing from the noise. I saw the light creeping into my vision. I reached out and stroked it. Smiling, I remembered this feeling from long ago. My Cinder would live in a world with no false light, even if she didn't have a hero to guide her. She was my hero, and sacrifices were worth saving someone. Sacrifices were worth her. I smiled and felt my mind fade into the beautiful land of death. Good bye world.. Good bye my Cinder....