When You're Gone~Larry

Song-When You're Gone, Avril Lavigne

Harry and Louis had known each other for years. They were practically inseparable. When they reached the summer of their Freshman year, Harry finally asked Louis out on a date. Louis said yes, with one of the largest possible grins on his face. Now, four years later, the couple was still going strong, and madly in love with one another. 

And finally, Louis, Harry, and their friends Zayn, Niall, and Liam had finally graduated. They were all heading to a party later that night, the boys getting ready. 

"Can you believe that we're actually graduates," Liam laughed, adjusting his tee shirt. 

Louis shook his head. "Me neither. You guys ready to go?"

They all nodded.

"Let me just grab my keys," Niall said looking around the couch. "Zayn you haven't seen them right? You were sitting next to me."

"Uh...it's under the couch."

"Ope. Thanks."

Louis rolled his eyes and kissed Harry's lips gently. "Ready to go," he smiled. 

"Yeah. I just have to run home. I left my phone there."

"H, you don't need your phone tonight," he smiled. "You have me." Louis rocked back and forth on his heels.

"Yeah, but Mum'll get worried..."

"Alright. I'll see you there?"

Harry nodded and kissed Louis' lips gently. He cupped his cheeks and kissed him gently twice more. "I love you," he said, with all the love in his voice.

Louis smiled up at him. It wasn't odd that Harry had said that. They say it to each other all the time. What was odd was the way he said it. It was kind of odd; like it was the last time he'd ever be able to say it.

"I love you, too, Harry."

One last kiss. 

"I'll see you there," Harry smiled. 

At the party an hour later, Louis stood looking around for Harry. The drink in his hand was left unsipped. He was waiting; he was nervous. He began walking around looking for him. Still no sight of Harry by the time he and the boys were ready to leave.

"I hope he's alright," Louis muttered to himself.

"Louis, calm down," Zayn said.

"But what if he got into an accident...What if-"

"Louis, breathe."

He did, but not well.

Weeks passed and Harry hadn't shown up. No one had seen him since graduation day. Louis worried so much, he could barely talk or even eat. He had made himself sick twice because of the amount of tears he'd shed. The police were out looking for him, and Harry's name was all over the papers. After months, people gave up on looking. Louis gave up on loving anyone again.

His Harry was gone.

Two years later...

By this time, Louis' heart had turned stone cold. He didn't give a shit about love anymore. The only person he loved was never to be found again. His best friend, too. He'd become the type of person that was the farthest from his mind: one who sleeps around with other men, only to leave them the next morning.

The other three boys never once approved of Louis' actions, but they all knew that he was heartbroken. They all were; but Louis more than anyone else.