Classic~Ziam (Side Paring Larry)

Song-Classic, MKTO

It was a simple family gathering, just like every other when the topic was brought up. Harry and Louis' fifteen-year-old daughter, Rosie was sitting with Zayn and Liam and their children, Ava, age ten, and Cameron, age four, in the lounge. Rosie had always been a curious-minded girl, and was very observant of her parents. She often said how her fathers' relationship was the strongest that she'd ever seen. Liam and Zayn couldn't help but agree. 

Each week, one of the boys would host a lunch, usually on Saturday, for everyone to just get together and escape from reality for a while. This particular Saturday was a little different, though. Like always when the hosted, Harry and Louis were cleaning up in the kitchen, leaving everyone else to sit in the lounge and relax. Niall was there with his wife, though he was laying on the floor with his two-year-old son, Leo. 

"I've always admired their relationship," Rosie muttered to herself, not expecting anyone else to hear it. She watched as Harry walked up behind Louis and kissed his cheek sloppily before hugging him and pecking his lips, dishwater sloshing onto their shoes from Louis' mediocre washing. 

"So we've noticed," Liam smiled, leaning back into Zayn's arm which was wrapped around his shoulders. 

The blue-eyed girl smiled. "You can tell from miles away how in love they are..." 

Zayn smiled at his niece. "You should have seen them years ago, though."

Rosie looked curiously up at her uncle. "What do you mean? Were they more in love then they were now?"

Niall sat up, putting Leo in his lap and shook his head. "Not at all. The two of them absolutely despised each other."

"Really?"

Liam nodded. "Yep. Surprising?"

"Very...How come I've never known this?"

"I dunno," Zayn shrugged. 

"Well how did they meet," Ava questioned from her chair in the corner. "How did they get together?"

"Well..." Liam hummed to himself for a moment, wondering where to begin. "Like you all know, the five of us went to the same school, your Uncle Niall moving there in...what was it, ninth year? We were all friends, but not together."

Rosie arched an eyebrow. "What do you mean...?"

Zayn pursed his lips, thinking of an easy way to explain. "Like, Harry and all of us were friends, Louis and all of us were friends, but the two of them never liked each other."

"Until they were like...eighteen," Niall added.

"So for...x amount of years, my parents were...enemies?"

"Not putting it that harshly. More like...they just annoyed the crap out of one another," Liam concluded squinting as he thought. 

"But how did they get together," Ava groaned in question. She definitely took after Liam; always excited, and couldn't ever wait.

Zayn sighed, smiling a little. "Well..."

Twenty years earlier...

"Come on, Lou," Niall said, slamming his hand on the lunch table. "We all know that you like him."

Louis shook his head, once again becoming stubborn. "Not at all. Harry Styles is one of the most annoying, awkward people to ever walk this Earth." 

"Right, sure," Liam sighed. "You don't even know him."

"Yes I do," Louis retorted. "He's the curly-haired, lanky, awkward guy."