Chapter 6: Sweet Dreams

~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~
Welcome to the sixth chapter of 'Details'.

*Hides behind Silas and North*

I'm sorry!
I could give you all sorts of excuses, but the short of it is that it's been one heck of a month and I was unable to post another update.

I promised people that I'd update quickly, (IAmCandiBaby, I really did intend to honour the pout!), and didn't deliver. Forgive me?

For me, this is half a chapter. I was planning on getting to a certain point in this post, but wasn't able to. Instead of waiting till I have another gigantic update, I've decided to separate it into several chapters.
I hope that this one didn't become too boring as a result.

A big 'thank you' to BLTS2004 for volunteering to fix all my mistakes! And a thank you to all of you who messaged me or commented. You make my day! :)

Many hugs,
0Restart
~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~

Chapter 6: Sweet Dreams

Sang P.O.V.

The smell of oyster and brie champagne soup filled the kitchen. Since the entrees were done and the ingredients for the main course were prepared, the cooks had stepped out for a cigarette. I was alone in the kitchen, tidying up and making room for the next round of activities.

When I was called in to work extra a few hours ago, my mother hadn't hesitated to send me out. Mrs. Morgan had planned a spontaneous dinner party and needed me to help backstage. When my mother heard that she was willing to pay double for the extra help, nothing could stop her from pushing me into the car with my father. I had been exhausted, having worked the entire week, but there wasn't anything I could do.

I was elbow-deep in the dishwater cleaning the cooking utensils, when a strand of hair fell into my face. I wiggled my nose back and forth and tried to blow my hair out of my face, to no avail. A warm chuckle startled me and I turned around, covering the floor in water and bubbles.

"Victor!" I exclaimed in surprise. I had hardly seen him since he'd returned from his out-of-state conference with Mr. Blackbourne. In fact, I had hardly seen any of the guys since I had fled from North and Silas a week ago.

Victor looked wonderful. His black suit was tailored perfectly, fitting him just right, and his hair was combed back elegantly. He looked flawless, but most of my attention still went to the light dancing in his eyes and the way his lips pulled up in an easy smile. He seemed tired but happy.

"Hello, Princess," he said in his deep voice and I blushed. He'd called me that before when I warned them about the food, but it was still startling to hear. Victor lifted his hand to my face and gently swept away the hair that was still tickling my nose, his long fingers brushing my flaming cheek and ear. "There; better?"

"Yes," I whispered, flustered by his proximity and the hand hovering at my jaw. The fire in his eyes burned brighter. "Thank you, Victor."

He grinned widely at me and nodded. "Anytime, Princess." I smiled at him and cleared my throat, unsure how to proceed. Probably seeing my hesitation, Victor dropped his hand and took a step back. I moved to the sink and took off the gloves, not wanting to spill even more water on the floor.