Chapter 14: What if?

~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~

Welcome to the fourteenth chapter of 'Details'.

...........

*hides behind a book*

"Hi, everyone!" 

*cough*

Thanks again to BLTS2004!

Hugs,

0Restart

~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~

Chapter 14: What if?

Gabriel's P.O.V.

Tick-tock.

Tick-tock.

Tick-fúcking-tock.

How long had it been since I let her go?

Breathing out through my nose, I lessened the tension in my jaw. The window felt cool against my forehead as I stared out into the black. The dark, colorless night was depressing, and definitely not helping my patience. Still, anything was better than the blinding bright of the room. All the lights had been turned on a soon as the day had begun to fade, and hardly any shadow survived in the room. It was too much; it showed too much.

Like how she wasn't here.

With another angry exhale, a low tone pushing against my clenched teeth, I banged my head against the glass again and ignored the stares I could feel being thrown my way.

It was like a big fúcking joke. She'd stepped into a car, and now she was gone. A car. People should just get rid of cars. I tugged sharply on the three black rings in my ear, needing to feel that they were still there.

How often would I have to watch people leave me in cars? I never even got to say goodbye. Again. This time, it would really be my fault.

What if she got into an accident, too? What if we were right in our suspicions and she was being hurt at home? What if she was being hurt right now, while I was doing nothing?

I hit the glass again and clenched my fists. The throb in my forehead was what I needed to pull me out of my thoughts.

No more doing nothing; I wasn't a fúcking kid anymore.

I would do something... once I found out what it was that I could do.

Shít.

"Try again, Mr. Morgan. We don't have the luxury of waiting till morning."

Morning? Hell no. I wasn't going to do nothing for an entire night! Maybe I could make wanted posters...

"I am trying, Mr. B. It's not like I can wave a magic wand and teleport us into their personnel files—"

"Apparate," Nate interrupted distractedly. The reflection in the glass showed him sitting on the couch, hands covering his face. Vic continued as if he hadn't heard him, his eyes trained on the three screens on his desk.