Chapter 7: Your time, Pumpkin.

~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~

Welcome to the seventh chapter of 'Details'.

I hadn't meant for the last few scenes of this chapter to happen the way they did, but Sean kidnapped my plot and refused to give it back.

I gave up on trying to catch him.

Hope you enjoy!

Hugs,

0Restart

~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~A~

Chapter 7: Your time, Pumpkin.

Sang P.O.V.

Putting together the lunch was an easy feat. Carrying it up to the conference room, however, was not. I stood in front of the wooden door hesitantly, not sure how to proceed. The tray with the sandwiches, fruit and pitchers was too heavy to hold with just one hand. There was nowhere I could put the tray as I opened the door and knocking with my foot seemed terribly rude. Staring at the door didn't seem to be helping either.

My shoulders and arms started aching, still a bit sore from my mother's anger earlier this week, and the tray shook. I was about to set the tray on the floor when the handle turned. I took a step back in surprise.

"Sang?" Nathan called as the door opened. His face appeared from behind the wood and I felt my heart jump at his wide smile.

"Hi, Nathan," I said, "I brought lunch."

"Great! I'm starving!" Nathan opened the door further to let me in but didn't move out of my way. "That looks heavy; I'll take it in for you."

I blushed and shook my head. Despite the friendly rapport I had started with the guys, I was still an employee and they were my employers' guests. "It's fine. I can take it."

"Come on, Sang Baby. Give the poor guy a break. He finally has a chance to show off and you refuse him?" I heard from behind Nathan, who nodded with a grin and flexed his arms. I stared at the definition of his muscles. They were beautiful, but I would hardly say that they were needed to carry the tray. Looking down at my own scrawny arms, I was very sure that giving the tray to Nathan would be overkill.

"That's right! How will I ever impress you now?" he asked and reached for the tray. I was so flustered when he sent me a wink, that I let him take it without even the slightest protest. I followed him inside.

Mr. Blackbourne was sitting at the far end of the table, legs crossed and posture lazily refined, with the projector screen behind him. I had to hold myself back from shaking my head in amused disbelief; even his silhouette looked elegant.

North stood against the strip of wall between the large windows, arms crossed and a smirk on his face. He greeted me with a nod.

Silas lounged across a chair and a half. His eyes twinkled as he greeted me and he tousled his hair. I smiled shyly at all three and moved around Nathan to the table to take the food from the tray.

"I've prepared some fruit, BLT sandwiches and two pitchers of iced green tea with honey and regular sweet tea. I could always make more if there's not enough," I told them, pushing against my lip.

"It looks great, Aggele Mou."

"Hell yeah!" North exclaimed and moved closer. "This is perfect." I smiled at the praise, happy that I'd asked Mr. Blackbourne for his advice before I had made anything.

"I am sure there is enough, Miss Sorenson. Thank you. I do have another request to make of you, if you don't mind?" Mr. Blackbourne said, straightening in his chair and placing his hands on the table.