Chapter 9

a/n And suddenly Potatoes. Hopefully it isn't to rough, still needs editing and fine tuning :)

It felt as if they were playing some kind of sick joke when they placed a rather beautiful wave edged white china bowl down in front of me. Which only really served to make the deep grainy crimson liquid in the middle appear more like blood and less like tomato soup. The second it was set in front of me I felt the lump in my stomach heave, despite dating a Vampire the sight of blood didn't always go over well for me. In this instant it wasn't going over well at all, even without having tasted it the overwhelming swell of sickness. I could still taste the tangy lumpy liquid I had accidentally turned my water into, it was one of those things you never really forgot.

"Take that away." Saebriel barked coming to my rescue again, the man who had set it down lifted it back up quietly.

"What? Is a servant not used to the sight of blood" Mira taunted from down the table.

It took all I had not to physically tense at her tone, why was it everywhere I went there was always somebody willing to pick on me. I mean it wasn't something I was ashamed of, why the hell should I be used to the sight of blood? Mira looked up and we made eye contact and for a split chilling moment I saw endless nothing in her eyes. Nausea filled me and I had to sit back in my chair. Now wasn't the time for me to get all spaced out and weird, glancing nervously to the opposite end of the table I tried to see Cremoria. Out of everything at this table that thing and Mira were the only things to be really afraid of. Mordem shifted in his seat and I got a subtle reminder that he was a walking mountain with a cold blank face covered in scars.

"There is nothing wrong with disgust at the sight of blood." The Vampire sitting on the right side of Nahara, The Vampire Saemel. The one that had history with Saebriel... I hated the fact I had that thought. I was never jealous... that was a lie I had been jealous of Ekaterina, the thought of that little murderous doll sent chills down my spine. Here was hoping Saemel wasn't as crazy as her.

Mira laughed, "Do you know why we're here? You of all people must understand the need for blood." Saebriel's fingers tightened around my hand. For once it was kinda nice to see somebody else digging themselves into a grave for once, I mean after having done it so many times myself.

"At least she has proper manners, and respect for her Master in showing them" Saemel snapped her voice carrying a heavy silence in its wake.

Out of the corner of my eye I caught Mira freeze, even the acid emotion in her eyes seemed to frost over. The Vampire on her left had gone very still as well, but her eyes were downcast on Mira. There was something almost cold and detached, just like Mira's they lacked feeling... They scared me if I were honest with myself. Everybody in this room scared me, I thought Icarus had been the worst but it was becoming obvious he had been the easy part. My mind began to drift off fading away from the table conversation, I didn't want to go through that all over again.

'Aderyn, focus' His voice cut through the clouds and within an instant I was staring across the large wooden table at Mordem cold grey face.

Saebriel had lifted my hand to his lips, without meaning to my face flushed red as I realized everybody was staring at me. The Man at the opposite far end of the table burst into laughter rocking back in his seat.

"Look at her face, Saebriel have you not even consummated the bond?"

Sabe turned looking down at him, "That is none of your concern Ven." It was Saebriels frigid voice, the chills sent goosebumps racing along my exposed skin.