Chapter 10

It became apparent that Saebriel had no intention of taking me back to the Humans only area, which concerned me just a little bit. Just the whole surrounded by stone walls with a bunch of vampires... just wasn't a scenario that evoked comfort in me. Dinner hadn't made the best impression on me about the Vampire court, that and learning that surprise - surprise, my Vampire fiancé was a mass murderer and tormenter back in the day. It did feel nice thought to be up off my feet after the kind of day I had been having, it was almost soothing just how effortlessly he moved while holding me.

"Would you like to talk more about what went on in that room?" I almost had to do a double take, he was offering up information without me having to pry it from him.

Saebriel glanced down at me and scowled, and from the angle I was at I could see his nostrils flare. Part of me wanted to point it out but then I would most definitely losing the chance to learn anything.

"What test did I pass exactly?" I really wanted to unload my mind full of questions about how he knew the Vampires in the room, and if what they all said was really true or if it was just them trying to do the Vampire thing and spook the human.

His lips tightened into a thin line, "You were not the only Servant locked in a room with an infected ghoul. However you were one of the only ones to kill it without my assistance."

I frowned, "Infected? Wait, I'm sorry that thing could have killed me!" If that thing had bitten me I would have died, Saebriel would have died just like that. Sabe nodded his head slowly pausing in the archway of the hall we were in.

"But it did not and you managed to succeed the first test. At this point that is all that matters concerning that event" He didn't look at me.

The realization settled on me, "You can't risk feeding from me. Will it really affect you going without blood for a couple days?" He had told me that there had been months between his feedings before, what could a few days really do to him?

Saebriel came to a full stop letting out a heavy breath, "It shouldn't, but I don't know what they have planned. In the months I went without blood I didn't have much contact with Vampires that wanted to kill me." He crouched a little setting me down, I wobbled feeling a little unsure in the heels as well as battling the weakness in my legs.

Sabe kept a hand at the small of my back for a few heartbeats until I felt myself stabilize, "I'm more concerned about you. Your body cannot go without food for days, you need to eat something."

Shaking my head I stepped away from him, "You underestimate the sheer stubborn willpower of a girl with low self-esteem." I muttered trying not to sound bitter. I was being overly emotional again, jeez if only I had a snickers then I could just snap right back to normal.

"No person should starve themselves. I refuse to allow you to abuse your body like that." His eyes searched my face his eyebrows came together in a stern look, "I'll maim anyone who makes you feel the need to do that."

Slowly nodding my head I reached out taking hold of his hand, "Why do you always comfort me with threats against other people?" I slipped my fingers between his clasping his hand tightly.

He grinned almost from ear to ear, "Because I'm the Vampire, Your monster of the night." He stepped up close, "I would do anything for you."

"Oh really? Anything?" I looked into his eyes trying my hardest not to snicker, "Would you ... lick the doorknob?"

He chuckled gently resting his forehead against mine, "You really do think your funny, don't you?"

"I think I'm hilarious" I grinned at him, this felt almost like we were normal again.