Chapter 11

The room felt more like a prison cell after seeing it again.

Don't get me wrong it was a really nice prison cell - like first class hell.

The air felt stale and dry, the walls were cold to the touch along with the exposed grey stone floor. It wasn't what I remembered seeing before. Looking down the front of me at the state of the lace gown that Saebriel had gotten for me. The beautiful black floral pattern was dusty and ripped in places, some blood staining was visible on the underskirt. That and the fact I didn't have anything to change into before laying down again. Staring at the large bed I found myself suddenly not exhausted, yet every cell in my body was pleading for me to lay down just for a second.

Coupled with the fact that I was well fed and even had a nice walk after, still there was nothing in the world that would make me climb back into the bed and sleep. Not after meeting with the monsters that call this morbid crypt home sweet home. I still had a headache from Cremoria's 'test'.

"Aderyn, are you decent?" There was a light knock at my bedroom door, thankful for a small distraction I moved to answer it.

I stared at the doll like face that greeted me and didn't even see his sister, "Sasha?" Didn't mean I was happy to see my new nanny.

Like waving a white flag he held up a folded pile of clothes, "These are from Saebriel, He's sent for clothes but in the mean time these should work."

Part of me was a little irked that he had sent Sasha with them, then again he couldn't enter this area without getting in a lot of trouble. They were already making special exceptions for us by allowing Sasha in.

"Thank you." It probably wasn't the best job being a human's baby-sitter, especially f me.

When I looked up Sasha was still standing there staring at me, It was suddenly very hard to breathe in, heat washed over my face. Sasha turned into a watery silhouette against the doorway. Please don't I chanted mentally trying to will myself not to cry not in front of him.

"Saebriel should still be in the hallway, do you -" He started to reach out to grab me.

Shaking my head I looked up meeting Sasha's eyes, "Why is he in the hallway?"

"He's waiting for you to fall asleep, I've been asked to notify him."

I almost laughed, "He asked you to watch me fall asleep?" The creeper, he really was my sweetest stalker.

He nodded slowly eyeing me up and down, "Yes" Sasha carefully lifted the clothes from my hands placing them on the bed before returning to stand in front of me, "You're exhausted, let me run you a bath and then you can get to bed."

"I can run my own baths, if I wanted one. You don't need to coddle me." I stepped back from him.

He insisted, "Let me, just sit down for a moment. I'll set the bath and go inform Saebriel you've turned in for the night."

Before I started to refuse him again I thought about what he said, "So you'll tell Saebriel you made me a bath?"

Sasha looked confused but nodded his head. I could be the nice person and warn him that he should be careful how he words it, or Saebriel might hurt him a little. It took him a moment before he stepped around me to the bathroom, it was compact but had enough room for a bathtub.

"What the hell, why not." I sat back down at the edge of the large bed running my hands over the neatly folded clothes that Saebriel had sent for me. For a year I hadn't gone to bed alone, call me pampered but it would be strange not having him there. Sasha was good I suppose, there was no way in hell I was cuddling with him but having a friendly pair of Fangs nearby helped me settle a little bit more.