8. Confused

KENDALL

At Monday, nothing was the same. 

I walked to school and got greeted by Cara the second I entered math class.

"Hey baby!" she said and kissed me on my cheek.

"Hi Cara" I said and smiled. 

We sat next to each other the whole time and talked. Talked about what we thought was the best of our date. But then suddenly Cara said:

"Okay I'm sorry to break our little talk here but you have to work Kenny." 

I was speechless. And confused.

"Wha-what?" I asked. "If someone needs to work, it's you" 

"No, I never work while you actually have a chance in math. I don't have a chance in math so it doesn't matter for me."

"Then why are you here?" 

"Because I wanted to be with you" she said and chuckled.

I blushed. I got flattered because I know Cara usually never attend to her classes.

"Well... Are you just gonna watch me work or what?" still blushed.

"Yes." she simply answered.

"I don't think I can work if you're staring at me" I joked.

"Well then you're screwed." she said and chuckled and started to stare at me like a fool.

"Oh my god Cara! Stop it! You're making me nervous!" I laughed.

She just kept staring. She then suddenly put her hand on my eyes so I couldn't see anything.

"Well thank yo-" I got interrupted by her soft lips.

She put away her hand and looked at me with a questioning expression.

"Okay now you made it worse." I admitted and chuckled.

"Oopppsss.... Thought you might could get your focus back if I kissed you." she said and smiled.

"Yeah right..." I said and rolled my eyes.

I tried to not look at her, but I couldn't.

"Do you want me to leave?" she asked sweetly.

"No!" I said with despair. "I mean.... no..." I said more calmly.

She laughed and stayed.

"But it could actually help if you didn't stare at me" I finally said.

She chuckled and looked the other way, so her back was against me.

"But I still want to see your face..." I complained.

She sighed and laughed the same time and looked straight forward. Not facing me, not turning away from me. 

I smiled and tried to focus again, but then Mr. Andersen said:

"Okay class, I think you're absolutely amazing. So I think you can go now."

I shook my head and smiled to Cara.

"You're unbelievable." I said.

"What?" she smirked.

"I didn't do anything this lesson, thanks to you Cara."

"Hey it's not my fault that our class is 'absolutely amazing'." she mimicked Mr. Andersen.

So we went to lunch an hour early. But suddenly when me and Cara sat and ate lunch, Becca, Cara's friend came.

"Hey Becca!" we greeted.

"Hey guys. Can I borrow you Kendall for a moment please?" she asked.

"Sure" she grabbed my hand and started to lead me somewhere when we suddenly heard Cara's clear voice.

"Wait! Where are you taking her?"

"Don't worry Cara, I won't hurt her." Becca said and kept on leading me somewhere.

And at last, we were on the toilets.

"So what do you want?" I asked politely.

She didn't answer. So we just stood there for like five minutes in total silence. Then she suddenly got a message on her phone. She looked at it, then smirked.

"What exactly do you want?" I repeated, a little scared this time.

"You." she said and pushed me against the wall and crashed her lips on mine.

Her lips were so soft, and they tasted cherry, which made me give up. So I closed my eyes and our lips moved in sync.

She yanked my hair lightly which made me groan in her mouth.

Suddenly someone entered the toilets. I opened my eyes and pushed Becca away from me. 

And I can not explain in any words how Cara looked at me.

"Cara I can explain!" I said and started to run after Cara who just went out of the toilets.

I ran up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Let go!" she yelled and turned around and faced me.

Her eyes were red, and I could see a little tear coming out from one of them. 

"No Cara! She kissed me! I didn't kiss her!" I tried.

"Well whatever, cause you gave her a response." she just said and walked away.

I didn't grab her arm again, because I knew she was right. I did something terrible, and I don't blame her for being mad at me. I am mad at me. I just don't understand why Becca kissed me! Why?

I think I need to know what it said on that message she got on her phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------