s e v e n

" THE WIND IS BLOWING "

>>>>

{your p.o.v.}

>>>>

Sans is staring at you, the only expression being that of mute horror. He rips his sleeve out of your hands and turns around. Watching quietly, you see him storm off without looking back. You wonder if he was able to see the vision, too? In a slight daze, you get up to follow him. The door is closed in your face. There goes that idea. But you're determined, you won't let go. Your thumb is barely able to dodge being smashed in the door to what is San's bedroom.

"Sans, wait," you say. It's too quiet Right as you open the door your run smack into Papyrus. Sans is standing behind Pap, trying to talk to him. But Papy doesn't listen. Papyrus scoops you up into his arms and gives you a hug. You tap his back, trying to tell him you can't breathe.

"Well, that was bone crushing." Sans says. Papyrus sighs and you chuckle. "Anyways, I'll be back later. I'm going to go take a break." You reach out and search for something to say, but find nothing. You blink and Sans is nowhere to be found; he disappeared into thin air. How could he see the vision? Did he? Or is he just upset in general...

You wouldn't blame him, after what you saw.

But what if that's another part of your supposed "powers." If you could share past resets with people...

Not that you would want to, after everything you've done.

"BREAK? BREAK FROM WHAT?!" Papyrus waves his arms madly. His hands brush the ceiling... gosh, he's tall. "I'M THE ONE WHO SHOULD GET A BREAK. HE'S ALWAYS SLACKING, I AM RESPONSIBLE." You give him a weak smile.

"Yeah," you say, not having anything else to talk about. Papyrus thinks for a second.

"HUMAN. I HAVE A REQUEST TO MAKE. PLEASE FOLLOW ME." You walk with Papyrus. You're so small compared to him, you feel a little embarrassed and just tiny. It's not that you don't like being smaller than people, it's just the feeling of not being in control.

Papyrus leads you downstairs and into the kitchen.

All you can think about is that you've killed him before. So many times...

How do people live with this regret? You don't want to go out. How are you supposed to help anyone when all you've ever done is hurt people?

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU SEEM UPSET, I THOUGHT WE COULD MAKE SOME SPAGETTI." You smile and take the box of spaghetti he got out. Spaghetti? You're down. Maybe it will distract you from your impending doom and self-hatred.

Papyrus shows you how he cooks. He greatly improves your mood, especially when he smashes the tomatoes so hard that it splatters all over you and the walls of the kitchen. There's tomatoes smeared all over you both, you're happy. How can something as simple as cooking with a friend (Friend? Can you really say that?) cheer you up so immensely?

"NYEH HEH HEH HEH!" He laughs in that amazing way when he sees that you're happier. "ALL PART OF THE PLAN! YOU ARE AN AMAZING PASTA COOKER, (Y/N)!" You smile up at him brightly and pour the noodles into the boiling water. You two share a laugh. How could you have ever killed him? Papyrus gets out a spoon and begins to stir.

"Can I help?" You ask. He motions toward an onion for you to cut up. You get out a knife from the nearby drawer and begin to slice the onion. You get halfway through the first cut before Papyrus stops you.

He's way too excited in his stirring, and some of the piping hot water comes out and splashes on you. It hits your hand and sizzles against your skin. Shaking your hand, you yelp and try not to scream for the second time today. Papy notices your pain. The knife is in your unhurt hand.