e i g h t

" THE ONLY SNOW IS INSIDE "

a/n:

WOW OMG PEOPLE SEEM TO REALLY LIKE THIS STORY,

Hello all of you~ <3 Thank you so much for reading!

FUN FACT:

Every word I write of this story in microsoft word is in comic sans.

Meet me in the pit comic sans haters.

---

>>>>

{your p.o.v.}

>>>>

You leave when both skeletons are asleep. Their sleeping schedule is wacky. You're wide awake and they're tired. After the brief yet meaningful conversation with Sans, you slept on the couch. He wanted you to still have his bed, but you refused.

Though deep down you wanted it.

And not to be alone in it.

But it had been two days now. People were dying. Frisk was out there hurting others; you can feel it. Also, the whole town was still silent. People were dead and you had enough rest to bring them back without too much after effect. You think, at least. Maybe you won't pass out this time.

The stairs creak. You imagine Papyrus jumping down them, and Sans calmly walking down them day by day. Even that thought doesn't make you smile.

You pause, touching a picture of Sans and his brother. Sadness overwhelms you. Why does it have to be you?

Deep down, you hate being this in control. You hate how your choices don't technically have consequences on people. And that scares you.

You can do whatever you want. You could kill Papyrus in his sleep right now. Or Sans. He would let you, like the vision.

You hate yourself, don't you? Gritting your teeth, you press on the picture like it can solve all of your problems. A small crack appears in the glass. Tears of shame start to form in your eyes.

Like you've been burned, you move away from the picture.

So you stuff a few things in your bag from the kitchen, taking the leftover spaghetti from the fridge. Then as quiet as you can, you make your way to the door, still putting spaghetti in your bag. They sure do have a lot. And why is there so many hot dogs?

You feel bad, but it's not like they don't have a million other boxes of spaghetti. They won't notice. Your hand reaches for the door. Quietly you open it. Freezing air comes through. Even though you're trying to be silent, it still creeks. Every creek makes you flinch.

A blue light glows behind you. You turn and look.

It's Sans.

Which is not unbelievable. You aren't really surprised that he caught you. Somehow you knew it was going to happen, one way or another. He's holding a candle and grinning at you.

"Leaving so soon?" He's not surprised either. We've been through this before. You pity Sans. You've only been in each other's presence for a bit and already he has to make tough decisions. Why? Why must all of the weight fall on his shoulders?

(this is a lie. you're trying to convince you that the way this world works isn't your own fault. your sins are your own, this world revolves around choices. your choices. you try and ignore these intrusive thoughts.)