f o u r t e e n

"IT WAS DECIDED"

>>>>

{your p.o.v.}

>>>>

If you ever loved me, you wouldn't come back.

You'd give up.

...

( d e t e r m i n a t i o n )

( r e s e t )

( k n o w l e d g e )

...

I guess you never loved me, huh?

...

Why am I not surprised?

You never really knew me anyway.

...

"Whatchu up to?" The squeaky flower voice floods through your half-conscious dreams. It makes you jump and give a little yelp of surprise. Flowey is staring at you. Weirdly, you don't remember stopping. You must have been really tired.

You still can't fall asleep, but you found a way to fit into a state where visions come. It's like only turning off some of your bodily functions.

"Sorry... how long was I out?" Sitting up, you look around. You're in a small shack like place. It's got an already completed puzzle. The only good thing about going after Frisk is that they already completed the puzzles that stand in your way. Before you'd have to complete them.

You're not a huge fan of puzzles unless it's with Papyrus and Sans.

"Just a few hours. I went exploring, and found this." Flowey holds out a frying pan wrapped in his vines. You realize that you're still attached to your stick. And there's no way you're letting go of it at this point.

But to be polite, you take the frying pan and put it in your pack.

"Is it alright if I... stick with this for now?" Flowey groans and you let out a giggle. It fades off again. Man, you miss Sans. He'd be laughing with you. You just can't understand why he abandoned you. Well, you can. But you really don't want to think about that.

"No more puns," Flowey snaps. You grin anyway. No promises. "Let's get moving, slowpoke." You stand up and start walking. What you don't see is the angry glace Flowey casts behind him.

Somebody is following you two.

Somebody who he doesn't like at all.

>>>>

"You're thinking about him again," Flowey says in a snarky tone when you run into a wall. You just weren't paying attention. Because yes, you were thinking about Sans. "Why is he so important, anyway?"

"I don't know. He just..." He's plaguing your mind. Every mistake you have made always leads back to him. There's a lot of answers you could give Flowey. There's so many reasons why he clutters your thought process, but you try and explain the main one. "He just doesn't make sense to me. And I want to learn more about him. I've been through all these timelines and I still don't get it. Why he's still refusing me even though everything is different."

"Don't you remember killing him?" Flowey doesn't sound very sympathetic. The flower even laughs a little. You suppose you aren't really worth sympathy, anyway. It's hard to brush off a comment like that, still. "If you don't remember that, you'll never truly understand."