Um . . .

"Jon?"

He raised his hand and said, "Hi."

I blinked in disbelief, I rubbed my eyes, blinking another couple times, leaning forward. "I've got to be dreaming. I must off, like, jumped off the stage and am in a coma."

The men laughed. 'This is real, Jennifer."

I stared at Jon, disoriented, barely listening, my shoulders slumped. "Uh huh . . .gotcha. Okay."

"You're not even listening are you?"

"Sure . . ."

Jon chuckled. "You have a crowd to entrain."

"What?" I shook my head. "Oh . . . yeah. Gimme a song to sing."

"Headstrong." Dreadlocks, or aka Joe, said and I nodded, turning around. Someone caught me by the arm, it was Jon.

"Jen."

I looked back at Jonathan. "Yeah?"

"Afterwards meet me near the stage?"
I hesitated then nodded. "Okay."

~~~~~

After helping my crew get off stage I was helping Mason and Nathan with the percussion, my guitar in my truck. I stood in the cold, my hands shoved into my coat pockets, I sighed in exasperation. Watching the crowd, bobbing my head and tapping my foot to my music that was belting out into my right ear from a ear bud.

Someone slapped me on the back, making me stumble and double over a bit. "Hey!"

"Sorry Jen." Nathan apologized, laughing. "But we're good, you can go now, thanks for the help and great job tonight."

I sighed, I didn't really want to go, as annoying as these men can be, I'd prefer them over meeting face to face alone with a guy you accidentally called the day before. But I nodded and walked off towards the crowded stage as a group of people acted out a play.

I tugged my hood over my head and shivered, the December winds cold. Even with no snow on the ground it was a cold night. I sighed, my breath billowing around my mouth in a frozen mist.

I stood near the stage, out of the crowd and my kid brother, Zachary, ran up to me, smiling. "Wow great job sis!"

I smiled, pulling him into a sideways hug, wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "Thanks kid, wanna autograph?"

"Yeah," he pointed at his forehead. "Right there please, Mrs. Patterson."

I laughed. "Alright, and who do I make this out too?"

"Your loving bro, Zack."

I smiled, pulling my hand out of my pocket and licked my pointer finger, writing my name in spit on his forehead. He grimaced. "Ewwww, Jen!"

He tried getting away but I put him in a head lock that he wiggled out of, so I tackled him, holding him with my legs wrapped around him as I finished the signature.

I let him go but he continued to lay there, staring up at the nigh sky. "My forehead is cold now, I can feel the JP there with the wind blowing across my face."

I snickered, rubbing my arm against my thigh, pulling the sleeve over my hand and wiped my saliva clean off his forehead. "Better?"

He blinked. "Yes."

I chuckled, patting him on the shoulder. "You can get up now, lazy bum."

He sat up, getting to his feet, brushing off his black jeans and fixing his black hair, swishing his bangs out of his face. I smiled. He lend me a hand and pulled me up to my feet. "Thanks."