The End

I sat alone in the hospital waiting room, of course, waiting - hence the name waiting room - for results for any cancer.

My phone vibrated.

I jumped, the sudden ticklish vibrations of my phone scaring me. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw I got a text.

From unknown:

Hey Jenni-fer has the results come back yet?

I stared at my phone, confused. I had no idea who this number was and how do they know I'm at the hospital waiting for test results for cancer.

Who is this?

Immediately I got a message back.

Unknown:

U know me Jen, we talked last night in ur truck. I'm the hottie with sandy hair.

"Jon?" I said out loud, flinching, looking around I checked to see anyone heard me. If they did they didn't say. I sighed a breath of relief.

Ohhhh Jon. Sorry hi and no they haven't, I'm still waiting for them.

As I waited for a reply I looked at my shoulder, and all the tattoos there, both my shoulders were covered in them, my side, thighs, all easy places to cover up. My tattoos were all clustered above my elbows, well not clustered and there was at least two on my left and one on my right.

So . . . what r u up to after this?

I looked at my phone and smiled. Nothing at all.

:-) will u meet me at the park?

Sure, I'll text u when its over k?

Sure thang sweetie ;-)

~~~~

I walked into the park, my winter coat warm as I walked, the snow crunching under my boots.

It had snowed 10 inches this morning, layering the ground with a white, crunchy, blanket.

I leaned against the statue into the middle of the park, looking around for any tall, hot, sandy haired guys that look like twigs.

"Jen?"

I looked over my shoulder to find Jonathan there on the other the side of the statued bull, leaning on the corner, smirking like a dumbass.

I unintentionally smiled. "Jon."

". . . so want to go to the café? Get something to warm us up?" He asked, holding his elbow out and I interlocked my arm with his.

"Something warm sounds really exceptional right now."

He laughed as we left the park.

"Where you born here?" He asked after awhile, looking down at me.