What was that?

When Jon pulled away I gasped staring at him in a sense if shock that I actually forgot we were in water, when my head started going under I sprung back up, gaining my senses and cleared my throat licking my chlorine coated lips. I stared at Jon with a confused look before I started swimming towards the latter and climbed out of the pool.

Somehow the guy had managed to climb out of the box full of people I had already labeled off-limits with a permanent marker and he'd become different. And now, much to my irritation, I felt some form of something towards him.

I stood to my full height and looked down at my body, wincing as I walked to the closest wall, my pale complexion, my tattooed leg that made it look like it was 3D and had a paisley design from my thigh to a foot past my knee then my side tat looked like my skin was being ripped and it showed a rib cage and gears. Then on my back the big huge gray angel wings that flowed down my entire back. Then there was the three on my shoulders.

I shook my head. How could someone like someone like me? Kiss me nonetheless.

Someone covered in permanent mistakes of their past? I looked up to find Jon making his way over, and sighed. "I need to go to the car real quick, kay?"

He nodded as he stopped in front of me, looking around at the screaming kids and adults that were buzzing around us, his hair a dark brown and plastered to his head. He looked down at me, meeting my gaze. "Sure, want me to go with you?"

I shrugged a shoulder, looking up into his bright gray eyes that, at the moment, looked like a dull stormy blue with the lighting of the room. "If you want."

"Well let's go then."

I nodded and we headed out, I turned looking up at Colby and Joe from atop the slide Jon and I were standing on minutes ago and waved, tapping my wrist then holding my hand up to my ear, like I was on the phone, and spun back around and to the exit.

When we were outside the car I yanked the back seat door behind the driver's seat open and crawled across the seat to my bag, reaching for my phone finding that I got a message and looked at the caller ID, cursing under my breath. I sat up and closed the door, ignoring the look Jon gave me and redialled the number. My stomach cramping in a sense of dread as I found myself growing hot with anticipation, waiting for the worse.

"Jennifer!" Richie yelled after the third ring, making me jump. "Why didn't you answer my call you're late! Where are you?"

I flinched at my boss's tone. "I'm sorry Richie, I forgot I switched days with Cathy, I'm at the indoor water park with some friends. I'm telling the truth, I honestly forgot. I'll be there tomorrow, I promise."

"Well don't even try to show because you're fired!" He growled before hanging up.

I flinched so harshly it seemed that I was physically slapped, slowly lowering my phone into my lap I rubbed the side of face, sighing. Slowly I felt hot tears scalding down my cheeks and hid my face in my hands, my shoulders raked with sobs.

I lost my job.

I heard the door open and Jon climbed in, sitting next to me, I felt him wrap his arms around my shoulders and I leaned into him laying my head against his shoulder as I cried.

"Hey . . . Jenny, what's wrong?" He whispered, rubbing his hand down my forearm, comfortingly, and I inhaled sharply, trying to calm down, but ended up bursting into more tears, and Jonathan tightened his grip on my shoulders. "Jennifer?"

I took a minute to compose myself, I didn't trust my voice, but I answered anyway in a low, soft tone. "I lost my job . . ."

"How did you mange that?"