Hagrid's Hut

Luna arrived at Hagrid's cabin a minute later and knocked on the door. She heard Fang barking and giant footsteps walking toward the front of the cabin. Hagrid opened the door and said "Hey, Luna! What are you doing here?" He grabbed Fang's collar to stop him from jumping up and licking Luna. "I had a question for you about something I saw in the Forbidden Forest." said Luna. Hagrid invited her in and quickly started making some tea.

Luna sat on a rather squishy arm chair (she guessed it was from Hagrid's heavy body sitting in it) and made herself comfortable. Hagrid sat down opposite Luna and said "Now, what was it you wanted to ask me?" Luna began "I was taking a walk in the Forbidden Forest today and a birds beautiful song drew me deep into the forest. I was looking around for it, when I saw a flash of smooth gold skin scurrying around. I saw it a few more times before I decided to go home." Hagrid looked a little puzzled, but encouraged Luna to go on. "I was wondering if you knew what it was, as you know so much about strange creatures?" Hagrid blushed a little at that comment.

"Well Luna, your leaving me a little puzzled, but I might have an idea fer what you might be looking for." said Hagrid. He went on "Let's see...there's the Golden Mifflepig, the Weeglemug, the... OH, yes the Mironcapuff, and that's about all I can think that has golden skin (a look of deep thought on his face). "And Luna, you said they ran fast?" Luna answered "Yes, I tried to follow it with my eyes, but it was to quick." "Ah, there is a problem with these creatures. They don't run fast. So I can't see why those would be your creature." said Hagrid thoughtfuly.

A great whistling noise filled the room. Hagrid suddenly jumped up and shouted "Great Pigmypuff! I forgot the tea on the stove!" Hagrid shuffled quickly over to his stove and took the kettle off the stovetop. "Sorry about that Luna!". "Well, that's about all I can do for you. Sorry I couldn't help." Luna said "It's okay, I appreciate it anyway."

Hagrid then abrubtly stopped what he was doing, and said "Wait! I know something else! There are ancient stories of wizards reporting that they saw a nargle. They said they ran fast and had smooth, gold skin, just like your explanatinon, though nobody has ever seen one clearly. So if it is any help, I would recommend going to the library and looking up nargles.

Luna got a mix of anxiousness and excitement in the pit of her stomach. Could she be close to figuring out what she saw? But what if it was a nargle and she was out there with it, without her nargle repelling necklace?