The Meeting

The week went by slowly and was relaxing and calming for Luna. She got to go outside and become one with nature again, and relax and think about the decision she had made. This might be exciting and fun, she had always wanted to be around creatures but was never sure about the exact job that she wanted. Now, she felt as if this would be her perfect dream career and would be fun and entertaining.  This could be perfect.

Finally, Saturday came, and Luna got ready to go off to Hogsmeade to meet the two men from the LMCC. She wondered what they would discuss and got a little nervous. Her mind tended to wander off sometimes and she hoped that that wouldn't be an issue. Putting on her favorite sweater with Beanie in her pocket, she set off. After a while of staring out the small window of a carriage, she had finally arrived and made her was to Hog's Head. It wasn't busy in there, with only a wizard and witch at the bar and the two wizards called Adam and Richard from the LMCC at a farther off table with papers littering it and cages on the floor. They seemed to be talking intently, almost arguing. Luna made her way over to the table.

"Luna Lovegood! So happy you could make it. Please, take a seat," the man named Adam said to her, motioning to the seat opposite of him. They seemed much more calm than the day that they had first met her.

"Hello," Luna said cheerfully as she sat down. Beanie chattered happily in her pocket.

"Did you happen to bring your creature with you?" the other guy, Richard, asks.

"You mean Beanie? Yes, actually, I did,"Luna replied, pulling him out of her pocket.

"Could I look at him?" Richard asks. Luna replies and hands him the nargle.

"What a magnificent creature," Adam says, "Anyway, we have been thinking a little bit and wondered if you might want to start a little bit early in your career. This occupation is called being a magizoologist, or wizarding naturalist if you prefer. You technically do not have to graduate from school to become a magizoologist, but it seems that you would probably want to. But, we would like you to help us with some things and do some research outside of school before you graduate too, if you're up to it. We have another magizoologist in training that's around your age as well. His name is Rolf Scamander, and he is actually Newt Scamander's grandson."

"Newt Scamander's grandson? Wow! I love Newt's work!" Luna said excitedly. She's always been a fan of his.

"So, what do you say? We want to do some research on this pet of yours, also, but you seem very attached to it, which we understand, so do you want to help on some research with that to?" Adam asks.

"Oh, my, I would love to! If we could get it worked out with my schedule and such, it could be very fun!"

"Haha! We are very glad you are so excited about this. We will contact your headmaster to get the details worked out with him and when we will be able to meet and take you out of school. You can also meet Rolf very soon, we will be tutoring you two together. You both seem to have a wonderful knack for these kind of things, so it should be a whole lot of fun! Thank you for meeting us, Luna," Adam continued with a great smile on his face. Richard handed her back Beanie and Luna left there. She was very excited about meeting up with them again to start working.