The Mysterious Creature

"Tomorrow everybody comes back to the school. I kinda liked it quiet around here, what about you, Luna?" Harry asked Luna as she was reading a book about nargles in the library.

"Yes," Luna simply replied. She wanted to get him to go away so she could try and figure out what the mysterious creature she saw in the woods one time. She had been reading a lot about different creates since she saw it, but still could not completely figure out what it was. She did not want everyone to come back to the school to ruin her concentration on her work. Harry eventually left her, knowing she didn't really want to talk. Luna decided to take another walk through the Forbidden Forest today, as a break from all her reading and to see if she could catch a glimpse of the creature again.

Before she left, she decided to take off her nargle-repelling necklace and put it in her dorm, just in case the creature could possibly be a nargle like Hagrid said it might.

She got the the edge of the forest and heard, again, the beautiful, melodic song of a bird high in the trees. It once again drew her into the depths of the Forbidden Forest. After quite a while of walking and carefully observing her surroundings to see if she could see the creature again, she decided to turn around and go back to the school before it got dark out.

Right when she turned around, she heard a rustling in the bushes and a flash of gold skin. Wanting to discover what it might be, she walked toward it, gently saying,

"It's okay. You can come out. I'm not going to hurt you," She knelt beside the bush and carefully looked through it. She quickly saw a glimpse of a wide, scarred eye of something and then it went away, followed by more rustling in the bush. She then felt a slight tug by her pocket and turned towards it. She reached in it, remembering she had put her radish earrings in there, but she could not find them.

"Did you take me earrings?" Luna quietly asked the animal. It must be a nargle! Luna thought, since the nargles always steal things.

"It's alright. You can come out. It's okay," and with that, the creature came out of the bush for only a second, before its eyes squinted up and it ran back into the bush. Strange, Luna thought. She got back onto her feet after that and started walking back to Hogwarts, glad about her encounter with the creature and happy to know that it almost definantly was a nargle.